Note for Dubitup and others..............(no offense intended to our resident LEO's)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Note for Dubitup and others..............(no offense intended to our resident LEO's)

Some of you seem to have the impression that I don't own up to my actions and the consequences there in. Yeah, I have a lead foot, never denied it, but it gets old when you go to court for stuff and the court takes nothing into account. When have I ever failed to take responsibility for a ticket? The last ticket I fought in Colorado, the DA stated that I had too many violations on my MVR for him to offer me a cushy deal. There were 12 violations on my MVR within the previous 5 yrs, 8 were non-moving CDL violations. The DA knew it,and should have taken it into account but instead he refused to deal. Now you think I don't have room to bitch. I challange any of you to put up with the same BS that I do and not have an attitude towards the cops/court.

I bitch just like anyone else, and I have just as much room. I see more crap that happens on these highways that there is double standard for than any of you will ever grasp. You cut me off in the semi and I call the cops, it's unlikely they will ever touch you. YOu call the cops and claim I cut you off in the semi, 85% chance they will track me down and make the stop. If they stop you, your on your way after a 5 minute talking to. They stop me, and it'll be a 30 minute **** raping while they look for the slightest thing.

I pay more in non-moving and moving CDL fines (without points) in one year than any of you pay for moving violations in 5 years. Last year, I paid almost $2,000 in fines. There were 8 $60.00 broken taillights, 7 $35.00 missing mudflap violations, 3 $200.00 expired plates/missing registration, and one unintentional P.O.E. violation $190.00 and mandatory court appearance. Now you want to discuss my attitude. Which of you got a ticket last year for a burned out taillight? Which of you got a ticket for expired plates? Oh yeah, and which of those violations were on equipment that you don't own and technically are not liable for?

SO far this year, I have paid $400.00 in violations. You want to discuss responsibility. Dec. '06, first time this past winter I had to chain up, stopped at Georgetown hill putting my chains on. Some ******* in an SUV looses it and sideswipes my trailer. I have since found out that CSP did find the guy courtesy of Vail Police. He is now suing my company for $3,500.00 for damage to his SUV for an accident that was his fault. He claimed he never saw my truck, and that my lights weren't on. Too bad I had two witnesses to the contrary, however, because Colorado is an un-friendly state towards truckers, he will most liekly win. It goes to court in Summit Co. in June.

Oct. '04, night of the first Bush/Kerry debate. I'm coming back to Denver from dropping a trailer in Cody, Wyo. It's 9pm, it's raining, SB on I-25 from Harmony Road to Longmont, I followed a car which had 4 of 5 taillights burned out, plates that were 7 months expired and a back window that was clear plastic. At Loveland, a CSP officer entered the highway and got in between this car and me. He sat there between us from Loveland to where he exited at Mead, never once botherd to make a traffic stop. I noted his plate number, and later called CSP to complain, the excuse I got after 2 weeks, he was on his way home and off-duty. Really, then he should have been in his POV not a state owned vehicle. I recall Former Gov. Owens, Former Mayor Webb, and others say that they let cops take cars home as they reduce crime and technically the officer is never off-duty. Had that been a semi, that officer would not have hesitated to make a stop.

What you people fail to grasp, is there is a double standard of enforcement, as well as a double set of fines. There is also a double standard for MVR's. Every 7 yrs, your moving violations will drop off, mine will never drop off. Under legislation passed in Colo. in '96, moving violations assesed to a CDL holder remain on the MVR for 75 yrs or life which ever comes first.

Exhaust too loud on your car, if the cop is bored it's a $60.00 to $100.00 nuisance ticket. No mufflers on a semi equipped with engine brakes, upto $999.00 fine and mandatory court appearance. Thankfully one I don't have to worry about.

What, the equipment belongs to the RR or stemship line, well seek reimbursement from them. Beginning 1/1/07 the railroads and steamship lines became responsible under federal law for repairing intermodal equipment that they own. In order to get around this law, they began a nationwide trend to sublet the chassis to another company who then lets the trucking companies use the chassis. As a result, the railroads and steamship lines have found a loop hole, and therefore are not responsible for paying for these items. The company who is subletting the chassis is not the RO so they have no responsibility for the repairs. They will handle the repairs if they feel it's worthwhile (blow out or blown brake), but they will inspect the damaged equipment, if they think the driver is at fualt, then they back bill the trucking company.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Impressive

Now this is what I call a rant. Take notes people because it doesn't get much better than this. Honestly, it sounds like you may need to consider a new line of work man. If your job really gets you this wrap around the axle I'd definitely say it's time to move on to something a little less stressful and inexpensive in your case. You and I go back to the DTW days...don't let these guys get under your skin like that. You know what they say about arguing over the internet....
Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I don't know you from a hole in the ground... but...

the number of posts that you put up about how you are constantly being screwed by the man makes me pretty sure that is not the case.

Really, the rules are simple - if you speed, you run the risk of getting a ticket. If you have loud exhaust, you run the risk of getting a ticket. If you run without a front license plate, you run the risk of getting a ticket... and all of these things are completely within only one person's control, the individual who is operating the vehicle.

If you don't mind running the risk of getting tickets - that is the choice you make... but part of the choice in doing something that you know is wrong is owning up to the consequences and not bitching about how screwed over you get. I think that is really what irritates people.

The whole double standard thing, too, I draw into question. Are the rules more stringent towards truckers? I have no doubt. Do I think this is some bizarre coincidence? Of course not. For the same reason getting a CDL is so much more difficult than a standard driver's license - you are supposed to be responsible for your actions and your equipment to a higher degree. A 3,000 lb car, I would estimate, has the ability to stop from 75 MPH just a touch faster than a truck weighing 20 times that or more... visibility, handling, damage caused by misuse... all good reasons that cops should be busting your ***** if you are doing something wrong.

I don't know about the particular situations, and as I said, I don't know you from a hole in the ground... but going and bitching about all the injustices that you receive because you drive a semi is outrageous. Honestly, I am happy that the penalties are harsher and more strictly enforced for truckers.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:41 PM

Haha...great return...if you rant here...you are gonna get called on it...
Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Threadjack- Hey man! Are you driving a B5 S4 avant now?

I think i might have seen you around town...

We finally got the Wicked Wagon registered in CA... It has been a long road to legality, but well worth it.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A+, would read again. Completely agree with this statement

"....If you don't mind running the risk of getting tickets - that is the choice you make... but part of the choice in doing something that you know is wrong is owning up to the consequences and not bitching about how screwed over you get. I think that is really what irritates people...."
Old 04-24-2007, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

WOW, I'm done Eric, done, you still do not get it. Good luck to you Sir!
Old 04-24-2007, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm almost speachless....almost...

I'm going to keep this short and sweat...

This is a public forum, so bitch all you want! But when you call the police, DA, others in authority asses for doing their job and holding you accountable for your actions, be ready for some of us (me included) to bitch right back about how f-ing retarded you are being.

Bitching about getting pulled over too much or not getting a "cushy" deal from the DA cause you have 12 violations on your record is just rediculous!! 12 violations!!!! Come on man!

Rick
Old 04-24-2007, 06:08 AM
Pat
AudiWorld Super User

Default Your rant drips with attitude.

It's not so much what you wrote, but rather how it was written, that confirms my opinion of your attitude. I agree with everyone below. A serious, fundamental mindset change is in order.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kinda like the one guy in the group always getting into fights

And he swears he wasn't doing anything to provoke it. Funny, I'm always in the same places and I never get into fights.....

Quick Reply: Note for Dubitup and others..............(no offense intended to our resident LEO's)