Temp tag questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp tag questions...

Minor pet peeve about wearing dealer advert plates and the window temp tag. The real pet peeve (especially with the beauty B5 S4 frontend) is the whole CO front plate requirement, but what can you do -- I have to park downtown regularly and have already paid my fair share of no-front-plate fees.

Any suggestions on how to speed up getting my plates, or the penalties for driving with your old trade-in's plates (which had valid tags)? It normally take my county forever to get in touch with me... Can you sport the old plates if you are also properly displaying the temp tag?
Old 04-01-2004, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Wait, are you getting no front plate ticket's w/ temp tags?
Old 04-01-2004, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Temp tag questions...

They shouldn't give you a ticket if you have a temp tag. Although, be carefull where you park with that temp tag, it's a good target for thieves who may want the tag or the whole car in your case.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If you're getting tickets for no front plate with non-expired temp tags call the motor vehicle ticket place and tell them. They should drop them.

As for speeding the process up, there is no way. However, when you do get plates, get them right away if you have a lot of time left on your old tags. They will apply any pro-rated amount left ont eh plates to the new ones. Hell, if you want I think they'll even let you keep your current plates.

If you put your current plates on the car you run the risk of the police thinking that:
a. the car is stolen, or
2. the plates are stolen.

So just stick with the temp tags, photo radar can't nail you

I will let you know, I bought my A6 on 03/05 and received my car din the mail from the state last week, so about a 3 week turnaround from a broker.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's part of the concern, attracting the wrong attention -- I occassionally find myself having to park in areas (Five Points late Tuesday night?) where I don't want to advertise "I just bought this car". Over the years I've only had two cars keyed and both were while they were wearing temp tags. Also inline with why I value the S4's natural stealthiness. Add some CO plates, highway dust, and possibly a debadge and you have a super stealth Eurobahn blaster.

And no, I didn't mean I got tickets with temp tags and no front license, I just meant I have gotten several tickets for no front license plate on my SUV when I park in downtown Denver. I prefer the no front plate S4 look 110%, but I'm not sure it's worth the tickets which add up. Plan to buy a primed bumper panel in case I want the clean look sometime -- Zev do you source these?

Biz plan: company that designs a euro plate that somehow satisfies 80% of local P.D. Maybe fudge the form factor, but keep the local look?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default i still haven't got my plates, it's been 3 months now...

but maybe cause i bought mine out of state...
:-(