RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

Well I picked up my new RS6....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I picked up my new RS6....

yesterday as planned, and the number of silly reasons that I have come up with to get in the car and drive somewhere is ridiculous. It is instant gratification just turning on the ignition. Thanks to the many respondants to my question about tips/pointers. In particular those who stressed following the break in period - I definitely intend to do so. I took a couple of quick pics, and will try to post one here. Then I've got to up-date my car history!<ul><li><a href="http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/65805/110_10971.jpg">http://pictureposter.audiworld.com/65805/110_10971.jpg</a</li></ul>
Old 05-09-2004, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Well I picked up my new RS6....

congrats...almost ready to throw the towel in and go from the S6 to the RS6....keep telling us/me how much you love the RS6
Old 05-09-2004, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I must say that I have never driven an S6 so I wouldn't be

able to compare the 2, but I can say that it is a world of difference from the A6 4.2 (sport) that I had previously. Putting the engine aside for a moment, the feel of the steering and the handling are far superior to the 4.2 - and I loved the subtle agressiveness of that car. The ride is very firm (as you would expect), but otherwise I am impressed with the ease with which you can drive the RS6 - keep off the pedal and it acts like a comfortable family car (well almost). Not knowing where you are from, let me just say that deals in the NY-NJ-CT area are out there to be made on new ones - just don't wait too long or else others who have been patient (like me) will beat you to the door. I thought about it for a week, then I realised that I didn't want to THINK about an RS6 anymore - I wanted one!
Old 05-09-2004, 06:14 PM

Default So where is market in tri-state area now?

I'm in tristate, and I'm in your situation (hence my nick). I think I've been dreaming about the freaking cars for the last week. I'm sick of prevaricating.

Give me a hint here as you're in my neck of the woods: deals are out there for dealers stuck with the last few. What kind of deal in relation to dealer invoice?

When I asked a month ago, dealer invoice was available (77.5k on an 86k car). Has it moved down further?
Old 05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

what did options did you get?
Old 05-10-2004, 02:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default This is what I have learned (I am in Westchester NY.)

The car has $8K markup in it. There is $6K trunk money in the car right now. Now you must understand that if the dealer does not meet the standards set by AOA (CSI, number of cars sold, etc.) they do not get the money at the end of the year.
With these numbers in mind, the dealers close to me are at invoice or below. There was a post here that some dealers had cars going for $73K. I have looked for any of those $73 cars yet, but I have only been working with my dealer in CT (they are the largest Audi dealer in the world and I have a good relationship with them.) I do plan to make a few phones calls today and I'll post what I find.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:05 AM

Default thanks. i'm gonna call a bit as well.

I wonder when the other shoe will drop.
Gas prices are higher still, people have summer plans underway. mercedes and bmw are introducing new new models seemingly every month, audi S4/A6 orders are for the next cycle and s4 inventory is getting marked down... RS6 news and reviews are all from last year...
I wonder how many there are in the north east still on lots..
Old 05-10-2004, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: So where is market in tri-state area now?

low-mid $70's
Old 05-10-2004, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Here is who you need to call:

This is a post from Eric:
"Give Pam Zabitz (pzabitz@aol.com) a call @ 201-796-8500 x128 and let her know that you're a friend of mine. They are selling them in the low $70K range which is a great deal on a $86+ sticker. Feel free to contact me as well with any questions.

Eric Danetz
edanetz@nww.com"

I just spoke to her and the numbers are the best I have found. They have 5 cars left.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

minus one car....my new purchase from them

Quick Reply: Well I picked up my new RS6....