RS 6 Discussion (C5) Discussion forum for the Audi RS 6 C5 platform

Why is Audi North America so oblivious of what is needed for brand loyalty ...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is Audi North America so oblivious of what is needed for brand loyalty ...

Sorry for the rant guys, but I really have to wonder in light of recent developments why it seems that Audi is totally unaware of what is needed to keep drivers like us loyal to their brand.

I drive a 2004 RS6, and like many of you on this forum I was eagerly awaiting the announcement and news related to the new C6 RS6, only to be let down again with the news that it won't be coming to North America.

It really does make you wonder when the VW and Audi group has stated that it wants to position itself more competitively with other brands like BMW and Mercedes, why it seems like we always have to guess if we will be able to buy product unlike the other brands.

I guarantee you that BMW M owners, and Mercedes AMG owners never have to wonder if they will be able to buy the next evolution of their current models, but really just have to wonder when they will.

It seems that Audi could care less about the loyal customers like us in North America, who as much as we want to stick to the brand, can't do so when they say is no to bringing over vehicles like the RS6.

Someone in corporate needs to smarten up.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, After the problems with the last RS6 and the history of bad press from the 90's,

They are probably going to wait for awhile and see how the new RS6 holds up before deciding if its cost effective to bring it here. I can tell you that our model RS6 has cost them a fortune in lost revenues due to poor service training here in the USA and faulty DRC components on about 75% of the cars, some needing multiple warranty repairs..not to mention several sets of brake pads and rotors etc..tranny replacements and some engine/turbo failures as well. With a limited production car as this, it isnt cost effective to pay a fortune for the USA certification of 1200 units or so and have a huge press headache as a result of it. Audi is trying to become #1 in overall sales and the RS6 is a miniscule part of that goal. And, BTW, there are many models of BMW and Mercedes that are not offered here or that come here in a modified version.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

just get an RS4 and supercharge it. You cant go wrong
Old 11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Besides the Euro only BMWs with lawnmower sized engines what models are you talking about?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Will you buy the 100,000 RS6?

Obviously if the second gen RS6 came to US it would come as a sedan only. Audi has not shown a sedan RS6 yet, in fact Avant RS6s are not for sale yet in Europe. Sure most sources are saying no on the second gen RS6, but I would wait until the RS6 sedan is shown.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 AM

Default Plus, the $ is in the toilet, which means they take a further beating...

because our dollar is buying less car, but they can't price it as high as they would like otherwise, customers won't go for it.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes I would pay 100K...send it.