RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Audi RS& Sport Akropovic exhaust questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Audi RS& Sport Akropovic exhaust questions

Thinking about getting a 2017 RS7. I test drove one with standard exhaust and the car sounded great to me, I do not prefer really loud exhaust, but I found online a few nice RS7s with Akropovic exhaust systems, I wonder how they sound. Would they be much louder? Do they sound better without being loud? And knowing my preference, should I consider them or avoid them? I found a youtube video showing how they sound different, but it was hard to tell anything from my computer speakers. Would someone with actual experience of both systems care to comment?

Old 04-22-2020, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WENR
Thinking about getting a 2017 RS7. I test drove one with standard exhaust and the car sounded great to me, I do not prefer really loud exhaust, but I found online a few nice RS7s with Akropovic exhaust systems, I wonder how they sound. Would they be much louder? Do they sound better without being loud? And knowing my preference, should I consider them or avoid them? I found a youtube video showing how they sound different, but it was hard to tell anything from my computer speakers. Would someone with actual experience of both systems care to comment?
I got 2017 RS7 with factory Akropovic. Tone is not loud or obnoxious but it seems deeper. It looks nice with dual outlets on each side and "carbon fiber" like finish around. I am actually thinking of testing waters and putting mine for sale. Its Nardo grey Performance 38K miles still under warranty with pretty much every single option available (except for massage seats i think, i went for buckets, love the stitching)
Old 04-23-2020, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Preys
I got 2017 RS7 with factory Akropovic. Tone is not loud or obnoxious but it seems deeper. It looks nice with dual outlets on each side and "carbon fiber" like finish around. I am actually thinking of testing waters and putting mine for sale. Its Nardo grey Performance 38K miles still under warranty with pretty much every single option available (except for massage seats i think, i went for buckets, love the stitching)
Thank you for your reply. Let me know or send me a link if you put your car on sale, I may be interested. My current lease is not up till September, but I am looking to pay cash and buy a used car this time around.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WENR
Thank you for your reply. Let me know or send me a link if you put your car on sale, I may be interested. My current lease is not up till September, but I am looking to pay cash and buy a used car this time around.
Sounds good I might put it up in June if whole COVID thing here in NorCal will ease up. Hard to show car to people who are scared to come over. Meanwhile I drive it on occasion just to make sure battery is charged and engine get some fresh air and fuel. If you are interested and will be ready to look at it just ping me.