RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

How To: Audi RS7 Spare Tire Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chucky0731
Thx for the info Tien.

one more question...DO u have Bose or B&O System? I know Kouzman has Bose System and just want to know if this can be done with B&O Bass in the spare tire well instead of Bose.

Thx.
Chuck, I have a Bose system as well.

Look at kouzman's imagery in steps 1, 7, and 8 for the layout of the spare tire wheel well. Mine is identical. In the attached component location layout, it looks like the location of the subwoofer for Bose and B&O are the same - location R211, but check for yourself. YMMV.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WuMu-tien
Chuck, I have a Bose system as well.

Look at kouzman's imagery in steps 1, 7, and 8 for the layout of the spare tire wheel well. Mine is identical. In the attached component location layout, it looks like the location of the subwoofer for Bose and B&O are the same - location R211, but check for yourself. YMMV.
Thx for the info.

My RS7 with B&O won't arrive til Aug/Sept so will have to check when it arrives...but the diagram u attached show they are similar layout and dimension.

Thx again.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read in other forums that cars with the B&O system have even less space available, so i think the spare tire setup is almost impossible. I am curious to see how it looks under the carpet.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kouzman
I have read in other forums that cars with the B&O system have even less space available, so i think the spare tire setup is almost impossible. I am curious to see how it looks under the carpet.
Well that sucks...LOL.

Can anyone that has a RS7 with B&O Audio take a photo of the Spare Tire Wheel well?

I'm sure there are RS7 owners with B&O Audio out there who would like to know if this mod can be done...since its actually important to have a spare tire.

Thx in advance..really appreciate it.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Anybody know if this setup will work for RS5?

I have 2014 RS5 cab with 20" rotor style alloys and B & O stereo. I read about a similar set-up (without the trunk modification to store the space saver) but the author indicated that spacers were needed so that the space-saver could clear the RS brakes.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tawas
I have 2014 RS5 cab with 20" rotor style alloys and B & O stereo. I read about a similar set-up (without the trunk modification to store the space saver) but the author indicated that spacers were needed so that the space-saver could clear the RS brakes.
Tawas,

I defer to kouzman on your question. IIRC, the wheel/tire used is the same as in the S-6. If RS-5 requirements are the same, then the wheel/tire size should be ok, but see kouzman's caution about B&O components, assuming that they are located in the spare tire well in the RS5 like the RS7.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

For the RS7 the spare will clear only the rear... Worst case scenario, if we blow the front, then we do a double switch and change the spare to the back first, put the back wheel up front to start moving... The is the only way for most of the bog brake cars...

Personally i dont mind the extra 10 mins to switch an extra tire, since it is much faster than staying stranded for hours waiting for a tow or waiting in a dangerous area...
Old 07-22-2015, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Write up with great photos.

My 2003 RS6 has metal posts blocking the placement of a full sized spare so we have the INFLATABLE spare. I have been lucky only one flat since I got the car. I picked up a nail the FIRST DAY I had the summer tires on after the first winter of driving the thing at my son's friends house...LOL.

But every time we travel I would throw a full sized tire in the trunk and use up even more of the space.

For the Price of these cars I don't think there is a single driver of one who gives a Rat's Rear End about the few pounds of weight saved on the car NOT TO HAVE A FULL SIZE SPARE BE STANDARD EQUIPMENT. Am I crazy? If you need to save the weight that badly to Race some WRX in a street race then perhaps it would matter.

Mike
Old 08-24-2015, 10:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kouzman
So I finally got my 2016 RS7 with Dynamic Package AND B&O Bass in the trunk and it looks like just from visualization that its the same dimension of the Bose System and Air Suspension.

So technically, parts that you mentioned should work on a RS7 with B&O AND Dynamic Suspension...except guys who has dynamic suspension don't need to get the air suspension cover.

Only way to tell if it fits for sure is if you measure your system and post it. I guess I' can be the first guinea pig when I order the parts in a few months.

Here are the pics from my System (Dynamic with B&O):
Attached Images   

Last edited by chucky0731; 08-24-2015 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just a quick update...Just installed my spare tire with parts posted and it fits perfectly. I have a 2016 RS7 with B&O AND Dynamic Package and no problems with fitment.

Again, if u have Dynamic Package (without air suspension), no need to buy the cover

Quick Reply: How To: Audi RS7 Spare Tire Install