RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

Looking at used RS7 w/ some undesired mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at used RS7 w/ some undesired mods

I'm looking closely at a preowned 2014 RS7 that's up for sale at a local GMC/Chevy dealership. The price looks good - lower than I'd expect but not exorbitantly so. A couple of issues I was wondering about:

1. It has a couple of cosmetic mods that aren't really my style. How easy is it to revert black badges and rings to the stock color? Will the grill need to be swapped out? I'm assuming the parts are available at ECS or any other vendor.
2. It also has an aftermarket intake setup. From the pictures I have no idea if it's a PepBoys special or something better. I'd still probably like to get rid of it but no it's likely too late to not be given a TD1 tag. Are these easy to undo? I attached the link, maybe someone on here can take a look at the picture and ID the intake manufacturer. If it's a decent job maybe I'll leave it.
3. If by some slim chance the previous owner or someone who knows the car is on here, any other words of wisdom? Any other internal mods besides the intakes?

I'm not as concerned about TD1 as I'll probably just get an aftermarket extended warranty. I'm a previous B6 and B8 S4 owner so have every intention of also getting a tune for the car. But I don't want to buy into any issues with the intakes and I really don't like the black out emblem look. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimf15e
I'm looking closely at a preowned 2014 RS7 that's up for sale at a local GMC/Chevy dealership. The price looks good - lower than I'd expect but not exorbitantly so. A couple of issues I was wondering about:

1. It has a couple of cosmetic mods that aren't really my style. How easy is it to revert black badges and rings to the stock color? Will the grill need to be swapped out? I'm assuming the parts are available at ECS or any other vendor.
2. It also has an aftermarket intake setup. From the pictures I have no idea if it's a PepBoys special or something better. I'd still probably like to get rid of it but no it's likely too late to not be given a TD1 tag. Are these easy to undo? I attached the link, maybe someone on here can take a look at the picture and ID the intake manufacturer. If it's a decent job maybe I'll leave it.
3. If by some slim chance the previous owner or someone who knows the car is on here, any other words of wisdom? Any other internal mods besides the intakes?

I'm not as concerned about TD1 as I'll probably just get an aftermarket extended warranty. I'm a previous B6 and B8 S4 owner so have every intention of also getting a tune for the car. But I don't want to buy into any issues with the intakes and I really don't like the black out emblem look. Thanks for the help.
No linky.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update: I went to paste the link because I forgot on my first post and... it's sold. Snooze and lose.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimf15e
Update: I went to paste the link because I forgot on my first post and... it's sold. Snooze and lose.
I'm a little jealous of your E92... I had an E90, same setup, same color, but manual.. loved it. Have an '18 F80 on the way. I miss the roaring V8!
Old 01-04-2018, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Love the E92 but I loved the B8 S4 more! The V8 is great, but I much prefer the everyday faster feel of the S4. I had to scratch the itch of owning an M3 though. I think you'll love your F80, I probably would have preferred an FI motor personally, so think that will be the best of both worlds. Enjoy!