RS7 Initial Thoughts - AudiWorld Forums


RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

RS7 Initial Thoughts

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 91
Default RS7 Initial Thoughts

Picked my RS7 up today, some initial thoughts...Coming from an 06 Mercedes S65 AMG...

1) ride is firmer than my AMG, even on comfort mode
2) seems quite a bit less powerful than my AMG, though didn't really test it out and never left comfort mode. The AMG had 738 torque, so the bar is high.
3) looks even better in person, really love the Daytona gray pearl with aluminum optic package.
4) lots of stuff and gadgets, a little intimidating
5) when slowing down, transmission feels a little clunky?
6) alcantara headliner is awesome
GTS00021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 23
Default

Congrats! Pics would be nice. Give us an update in a few weeks.
TurboCup87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #3
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS00021 View Post
Picked my RS7 up today, some initial thoughts...Coming from an 06 Mercedes S65 AMG...

1) ride is firmer than my AMG, even on comfort mode
2) seems quite a bit less powerful than my AMG, though didn't really test it out and never left comfort mode. The AMG had 738 torque, so the bar is high.
3) looks even better in person, really love the Daytona gray pearl with aluminum optic package.
4) lots of stuff and gadgets, a little intimidating
5) when slowing down, transmission feels a little clunky?
6) alcantara headliner is awesome
#5 I totally agree, it seems to be getting better or at least I'm getting used to it, 800miles so far.
all else is good, I think the power is there in the right mode, have fun playing around with it,
the car is amazing in the snow, we are having a little blast in the midwest and I'm loving it.
I love the Aluminum optic too, mine is on panther black, looks great imho

Enjoy!
dg144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS00021 View Post
Picked my RS7 up today, some initial thoughts...Coming from an 06 Mercedes S65 AMG...

2) seems quite a bit less powerful than my AMG, though didn't really test it out and never left comfort mode. The AMG had 738 torque, so the bar is high.
Well, it is quite a bit less powerful, however according to the numbers, the RS7 should be a little quicker off the line. I think the difference is the AWD has less front to back momentum transfer and results in less "seat of the pants" feel. Or it may be the softer setup of the AMG throwing you back when you get on it.

In any case... congratulations on the RS7!
blinsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCup87 View Post
Congrats! Pics would be nice. Give us an update in a few weeks.
GTS00021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
AudiWorld Super User
 
MARKNMTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,541
Default

I have a feeling getting it out of comfort mode to dynamic will change it considerably. Congrats on the car...still waiting here.
MARKNMTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #7
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKNMTT View Post
I have a feeling getting it out of comfort mode to dynamic will change it considerably. Congrats on the car...still waiting here.

Beaut of a car--- love the contrast with the Alu-Optics. Did you get the dynamic package with the diagonal shocks (red calipers are part of this) or are your calipers painted as a single option?
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Beaut of a car--- love the contrast with the Alu-Optics. Did you get the dynamic package with the diagonal shocks (red calipers are part of this) or are your calipers painted as a single option?

I got the stand alone red brake package. When I placed my order back in June, the dynamic package wasn't available yet.
GTS00021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS00021 View Post
I got the stand alone red brake package. When I placed my order back in June, the dynamic package wasn't available yet.

Ok thank you- I thought you might have got a recent allocation that was on the ground. I just place my order with the DP as my roads are very good here in the OC and I wanted the least amount of roll.

Congrats again on the car- fantastic.

Im trying to figure out if I should keep the sport seats or go with comfort... I see that the sports seats look better but the comfort seats might hold one in better???
Vic55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:58 AM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 91
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Im trying to figure out if I should keep the sport seats or go with comfort... I see that the sports seats look better but the comfort seats might hold one in better???
I went with comfort because i really wanted the ventilation and massage, though I think the sport seats look cooler
GTS00021 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audi A7 OEM Exhausts for sale ('13 A7 & '15 RS7) AudiExhaust4sale Parts For Sale 3 10-28-2016 12:35 AM
New RS7 Owner :) !! G_in_A8 RS 7 18 01-26-2016 01:00 PM
Audi A7 FS: RS7 20" Wheels - 275/35/20 Pirelli PZero (pictures in link) $2,000 plus shippi UmbroVR6 Parts For Sale 11 12-03-2015 11:44 AM
Possible MK3 Buyer With Questions SimianSpeedster TT (Mk3) Discussion 32 09-24-2015 03:46 AM
S8 Brembo crossover pipe leak Optimusglen A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion 0 09-08-2015 06:57 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:56 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send