RS 7 Discussion forum for the Audi RS 7

RS7 Initial Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTS00021
I went with comfort because i really wanted the ventilation and massage, though I think the sport seats look cooler

See this is why I need members like you--- I dont get ventilation at all in the sport seats?

What seats are more form fitting to a non fatty like me?
Old 01-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vic55
See this is why I need members like you--- I dont get ventilation at all in the sport seats?

What seats are more form fitting to a non fatty like me?
I believe (please someone correct me if i'm mistaken) that the sport seats have heat, but the comfort seats have heat, ventilation and massage. I would assume the sport seats are more form fitting, but I don't know definitively.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered comfort too because the standard seat although very cool looking has no cooling function. Plus the comforts have 22 positions while the sport seat is only 8 I think. And lastly the massage function. Nice feature for drives over a few hours.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by motorguy61
I ordered comfort too because the standard seat although very cool looking has no cooling function. Plus the comforts have 22 positions while the sport seat is only 8 I think. And lastly the massage function. Nice feature for drives over a few hours.

I think I might swap to CS.... although I usually dont drive for long periods (max 1 hour).
Old 01-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks gorgeous, THX!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the rs7 for about a week or so, initial impressions. I traded 2011 panny turbo with power kit, GIAC tune (600hp). The rs7 is beautiful in person, lines flow very well on car. I prefer the looks of rs7, as it looks damn good from all angles, great proportions. Interior is very comparable to my 2011 panny turbo, excellent fit and finish. Better steering wheel with both multifunction and paddles. Few more technology toys in rs7 with heads up display, night vision. More storage space in back (around 5 cubic feet), but at expense of back seat space. I prefer this as I have 2 kids, need to storage space for road trips. Steering feel/handling seems better in panamera, but I have steering set to dynamic in audi which gives good heavy feel. It will be interesting with the super light hre wheels once I get them on in a few weeks. My car has air suspension, which is great for daily driving. The spring/DRC option should significantly reduce body roll demonstrated in motor trend video comparison. The porsche chasis on panny is superb, no doubt. The engine in rs7 is awesome and super responsive with great muscle car sound. Minimal turbo lag with the turbos mounted within the v-8. Very quick off line (3.2 0-60), the ZF tranny 8 speed is a good match. I just love the punch off the line, very important to me. Wave brakes feel very good, with comparable stopping distances to porsche ceramics. The 21 inch wheels have very few tire options, so I will get 20' to get some all season's on them like my panamera had. Going with michelin ps as3 in 20 inch. Overall, it is a superb value for what you get. Audi built a great vehicle, definitely in same league, better in some ways, worse in others. It will suit my needs as a beautiful bad *** muscle sedan with great storage space. Great craftsmanship. Should make a great road trip car for family. Both are superb german twin turbo awd sedans, but I think I will prefer the rs7. I'm glad to be able to experience both!
Attached Images   
Old 01-12-2014, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Believe it or not, today is the first time im driving the car since i last posted. Its been sitting in the garage. Lets see if the initial impressions change at all.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe (please someone correct me if i'm mistaken) that the sport seats have heat, but the comfort seats have heat, ventilation and massage. I would assume the sport seats are more form fitting, but I don't know definitively.

Yes. Mine are sport seats & do have heating function. The comfort seats are 22-way adjustable with ventilation...and it's just that, a small fan blowing air through- it is NOT AC powered. The comfort are also regular head-rest seats...so for the look & feel of a 560bhp car...I went with the sports seats...and couldn't be happier I did! All of course In my own opinion
Old 01-12-2014, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone else notice that the cabin gets pretty warm? Had to crank down the temp to 65 to keep it bearable.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else notice that the cabin gets pretty warm? Had to crank down the temp to 65 to keep it bearable.
The heated seats don't turn off after restart. Maybe that is the issue?

Quick Reply: RS7 Initial Thoughts