RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

034 Density Control Arm Kit for B7 RS4

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 034 Density Control Arm Kit for B7 RS4

I installed the 034 Density Control Arm kit today. Basically I failed a tech inepection for worn out bushings in the upper control arms, so instead of doing just those I did everything, including the tie rod ends. I don't get an alignment until tomorrow, but so far the car does feel more solid, and I only had 50k miles on the stock bushings that had began to fail.

The quality of the 034 kit was very similar to stock, hard to tell the difference between the two sometimes. Even looks like they used the same bushings in most of the components, with only a few of the bushings looking more robust.

Now for the DIY part, if you plan on ever doing this on your own when the time comes...give yourself plenty of time and make sure you have all the necessary parts (17mm hex, really good ball joint puller that will fit in awkward places, pry bars, 2 good sets of wrenches, breaker bar, tq wrench, ect). There are just a lot of components, nuts, bolts, ball joints, ect and your bound to run into a few snags here and there. We did't run into anything too crazy, but it still took us about 8 hours. The damn DRC makes it a real bitch to get the upper controls arm off the shock tower, the DIY I was relying on was for a non-DRC car which wasn't much help.

I'll report back after a few more miles and some spirited driving, but my first impressions of the Density kit are very good. For the money I don't think you can beat them. They aren't really much of an "upgrade" from stock, but they are cheaper and do look like slightly better quality on some of the bushings.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sounds like a lot of work! I'll probably go that route if I have to. I ran into your buddy with the C63 on Route 7 last weekend. Have fun at VIR tomorrow!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default It's not too bad.

Originally Posted by gibsonl
Sounds like a lot of work! I'll probably go that route if I have to. I ran into your buddy with the C63 on Route 7 last weekend. Have fun at VIR tomorrow!
It isnt too bad. Since you track your car, do the subframe bushings at the same time as the control arms. It makes it easier to get those long bolts out, and will greatly help turn in while barely effecting ride quality. Best mod I have done for $120. It is easier than you would imagine. Takes about 45 minutes to drop out the subframe and control arms with the engine supported by an engine hoist.