RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Any Info on Current RS4 Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Info on Current RS4 Pricing?

I'm considering a 2007 RS4 in Misano Red with Silver interior. It has about 4000 miles and the asking price is $50,000. Judging by the cars listed on Autotrader, etc. that seems like a reasonable price. The only cosmetic flaws I've noticed in the pictures are two of the wheels have some curb surfing damage... one is maybe 2 inches long and just on the edge, the other is larger and deeper.

Would a car like this with very low mileage still need a PPI? If so, does anyone in the LA area know a good shop? The car is currently sitting in a warehouse in Santa Ana as the owner barely drives it.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Mine are: while I like the red and don't necessarily mind the Silver interior, others may not so this car might not be that easy to sell.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom in Seattle
I'm considering a 2007 RS4 in Misano Red with Silver interior. It has about 4000 miles and the asking price is $50,000. Judging by the cars listed on Autotrader, etc. that seems like a reasonable price. The only cosmetic flaws I've noticed in the pictures are two of the wheels have some curb surfing damage... one is maybe 2 inches long and just on the edge, the other is larger and deeper.

Would a car like this with very low mileage still need a PPI? If so, does anyone in the LA area know a good shop? The car is currently sitting in a warehouse in Santa Ana as the owner barely drives it.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Mine are: while I like the red and don't necessarily mind the Silver interior, others may not so this car might not be that easy to sell.

Thanks.
I think a car with that low milage is a nice find and the price is pretty much on target. While resale is certainly a consideration, an RS4 is partly a "passion" purchase. if you love the car buy it. Something like a green or orange maybe harder to sell, but red/silver shouldn't be IMO.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

You should definitely get a PPI done. It never hurts to know what the car needs now or could need in the next few thousand miles. Also, check to see if the DRC has been replaced with the non-leaking units.

Misano Red is one of my favorites....

GL

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Though it doesn't hurt to get a PPI, keep in mind that the car is still under full bumper to bumper warranty. So the real things to check are brake pads and rotors, both of which should be fine unless all 4000 miles were on track. PPI will not tell you state of the clutch, which is really the only big ticket item not covered under warranty.

If it were me, I'd eyeball the brakes and drive it home. Then take it to your dealer and have them do a full over and fix anything that isn't 100%.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just picked up a mint 07 w/ 44k miles. Its a 1 owner car with not one scratch and is CPO'd for $47,000 for reference. Make sure you look these cars over very well. I looked at many before finding a decent one. It wasnt easy. Make sure you look over all the service records and shoot for a cpo. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

I do not think a PPI is necessary as the car is still under the 4 year/50k mileage new car warranty. Just make sure you have a dealer check everything before the warranty expires-check the in service date to see when the warranty expires! Run a carfax to make sure it is not a flood area car and it has no accident history. I would also have a body guy check all panels to make sure the car was never hit or painted.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

The seller sent me copies of the original Purchase Order ($80,994.67 including AZ tax and license fees), window sticker, $73,520, AZ motor vehicle registration and title, California smog check from March, 2010, and two Audi service records from July, 2008 and June, 2007. The last one at 2,832 miles.

Bascially, the oil and filter have been changed twice, the pollen filter replaced once, the brake fluid flushed once, and the engine control unit software updated. That's it. The delivery date was August 10, 2006, so it has just shy of four months left on the warranty.

If I go ahead I do no see any reason to do a PPI, that can be done at the dealer here so they can check anything that might need updating before the warranty expires.

Not sure I'd drive it home or ship it since driving to Seattle would add 25% of the total mileage to date... but it would be fun :-)

The car is owned by a race team owner who lives in Newport Beach, CA. The car itself is in their warehouse in Santa Ana. I have no doubts this is an ultra low mileage original.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

If your confident that the car is in good condition (for a road trip) then as you stated, skip the PPI and drive the beast home.

I did it and it was OUTSTANDING!!!

I taped the front of the car with painter's blue tape and drove about 2k miles. Will definitely do it again!

The seller sent me copies of the original Purchase Order ($80,994.67 including AZ tax and license fees), window sticker, $73,520, AZ motor vehicle registration and title, California smog check from March, 2010, and two Audi service records from July, 2008 and June, 2007. The last one at 2,832 miles.

Bascially, the oil and filter have been changed twice, the pollen filter replaced once, the brake fluid flushed once, and the engine control unit software updated. That's it. The delivery date was August 10, 2006, so it has just shy of four months left on the warranty.

If I go ahead I do no see any reason to do a PPI, that can be done at the dealer here so they can check anything that might need updating before the warranty expires.

Not sure I'd drive it home or ship it since driving to Seattle would add 25% of the total mileage to date... but it would be fun :-)

The car is owned by a race team owner who lives in Newport Beach, CA. The car itself is in their warehouse in Santa Ana. I have no doubts this is an ultra low mileage original.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey guys I just joined the RS4 club!! I flew to Chicago, from Boston, to look at a 2007 Black on Black RS4. It has 26,500 miles on it and is CPO'd. Loaded ($73k sticker) and in very nice shape. Asking was $49,999 and I got them down to $48,200. It is being shipped from Chicago to Boston by InterCity Transport for $964 (main route for them). It is being loaded on the truck tomorrow and should be in my driveway next Wednesday (after stops in Cleveland, NJ, and CT). I think it was a good price for a great car. I'll be tearing up this site again. Former 2001 A6 2.7T Sport and 2005 S4. Glad to be back after an uphappy romp with a BMW! Good luck.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome to the club...I am in the Boston area as well.

OP: Hope you don't mind his thread jack

Originally Posted by RaudiRS4
Hey guys I just joined the RS4 club!! I flew to Chicago, from Boston, to look at a 2007 Black on Black RS4. It has 26,500 miles on it and is CPO'd. Loaded ($73k sticker) and in very nice shape. Asking was $49,999 and I got them down to $48,200. It is being shipped from Chicago to Boston by InterCity Transport for $964 (main route for them). It is being loaded on the truck tomorrow and should be in my driveway next Wednesday (after stops in Cleveland, NJ, and CT). I think it was a good price for a great car. I'll be tearing up this site again. Former 2001 A6 2.7T Sport and 2005 S4. Glad to be back after an uphappy romp with a BMW! Good luck.

Quick Reply: Any Info on Current RS4 Pricing?