RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Anyone buy their RS4 below sticker?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone buy their RS4 below sticker?

I am in the market for an RS4, and there are some available at local dealerships. However, everyone is stuck at sticker with no dickering. Even though the dealers can still order additional RS4s in our area, they will not deal. Is this the case everywhere, or did someone get any kind of deal?
Any help would be appreciated. I have never paid sticker for a car in my life, and although I like the RS4 I do not plan to start now.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:49 PM

Default some have, but its such an inconsequential ammount, frankly..

i feel that if the ammount of money that you'd save is of that much significance, then the car is probably too expensive for that person.

unless you just feel on principal you have to pay under.

the time it takes me to dick around with a dealer to save $1k is worth much more to me, so i never even bothered to find out.

but others here have gotten it slightly under sticker, or with some other stuff thrown in..

good luck.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I find your attitude on the fine art of negotiations insulting to those who keep........

the tradition alive. 8^)

Dxben you know that deep down inside you want to always get the best possible price on everything, it's ok we all do ;-)
Old 10-07-2006, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Most have paid MSRP, but I do know of one person paying substantially under.

He was a loyal customer at his local Audi dealership and had bought 4 Audi's from them in the fairly recent past. They gave him a pretty good deal considering that the margins on the RS4 are not huge. It was a car he ordered.

As I said, most (including myself) paid pretty close to MSRP. The car is a fairly limited production and most dealers that have them are willing to sit on them until they get MSRP.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Let's agree to disagree on this one.....

Having money is no reason to waste it. Let's face it, anyone buying an RS4 comes from decent financial underpinnings, but $1k or even $500 is nothing to just throw away. $1k is a new pair of skis. 500 clams is a couple of really nice dinners with my wife. What's wrong with that?
Old 10-08-2006, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default MSRP with an attitude

If you grab a dealers only allocation, the dealer doesn't have to "give a deal", and too many dealers only see dollar signs. This is idiotic in the long term. It's just good business practice to build rapport and goodwill early. It doesn't have to be a bank-breaker to be effective, but it should be something of value. In my case, the dealer has alienated me by not giving into any of my requests. Living in a mid-size town, I was a bit surprised by a $2500 deposit demand, it was as if they didn't believe they had a legitimate buyer.

For example, the BMW dealer gave $1000 off msrp without my asking, at a time when M5's were getting a $5000 premium on the left coast and ordered with no money down. The explanation was black and white - "We're not worried - besides - If I take your deposit and you back out, we'll just have to refund it anyway".

Economic supply and demand and stupid business people currently prevail.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:39 AM

Default sure i want to, but i don't often have the time to, nor would the difference be worth

my time in this particular car.

maybe if i was buying a mazda then i would have haggled a bit..
Old 10-08-2006, 10:18 AM

Default nothing wrong with that... honestly

i am just saying in my case i have very very very little time in my day. its not worth it. if i were on vacation and shopping my car i probably would do it. but during normal weeks its just too much hassle.

the better deal you get the better and i salute you!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

OK, Ok, ok you didn't take the bait. ;-)
Old 10-08-2006, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I got $2000.00 off the car...

Dealer wasn't pleased about it either... oh well, one for the little guys!

Quick Reply: Anyone buy their RS4 below sticker?