RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Declining value of RS4s...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Declining value of RS4s...

I an economic downturn, it appears that higher end car prices have taken a big hit. Specifically, I think we all have witnessed that the RS4 prices have dramatically decreased in the past 6-12 months.

Anyways, my question is: "When the economy start to turn around, will the price of these RS4s go back up?" That is, if you got a very good price for a used/new RS4 recently, could the value of your car actually go up some when the economy improves. I just hope that the value of the RS4s doesn't keep plunging. The RS4s are awesome cars in IMO...and they are somewhat rare. Hopefully, their value will start to hold or start to climb back up. Any thoughts?
Old 09-01-2009, 09:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I don't think that they have dropped that much. Prices seem pretty much in line with typical depreciation.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I daily stare at the CPO RS4's on Audiusa.com

The prices have creeped back up in the last month or so but a few thousand.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ragdoll
I daily stare at the CPO RS4's on Audiusa.com

The prices have creeped back up in the last month or so but a few thousand.
prices have creeped back up but are they selling though? just appreciate what you have, who cares about the value.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Check the usual sites... Autotrader/cars.com etc... People are asking a bit higher prices. Not sure how much they are getting them.(unless one puts the car on the market) But there are good deals out there. Just make sound choices. Also it seems that inventory is less.

Remember lots of us are here because of the good value of a preowned RS4. The value/car ratio for the RS is very very good.
A car purchase is the worst investment for one's money. This is a fact on pretty much any car. Doing our research and making an educated decision is the only way. I am sure there are many people on the fence of buying an RS. We are pretty much aware of its drawbacks and its advantages.

Cheers

Nick

Last edited by titsataki; 09-02-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by titsataki
The value/car ratio for the RS is very very good.
A car purchase is the worst investment for one's money. This is a fact on pretty much any car.
I agree. The fact is any enthusiast with $40 to $60k to spend should consider a well-maintained used RS4 versus a new car. Chances are he'll get more bang for his buck, and, if the price is right, he can probably come out ahead on the depreciation curve as well.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Values on all used cars are creeping up especially high end cars.
Believe it or not you guys have some control over the value of your cars. The consumer does as well. Cars are only worth as much as someone will pay for it.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was one of those guys that caught an excellent deal on a used RS4 about 3 months ago. I too was worried about a continued decline in value but it does seem like the prices have actually gone north by maybe 10% or so just in the past couple of months. Personally I wouldn't sell my car for less than about 4-5k more than I paid for it and that's pretty much where I see them selling at now. The best deal I saw lately was a nice used 2007 for $43k. These are definitely niche cars so I think its natural for them to sell a little slower than cars at lower price points.

The funny thing is that we all decide how much their worth by how much we're willing to let them go for! I say we all stop selling them for anything under $60k.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Of course I will enjoy driving my RS4 whatever the value is on her. But, I started this thread just to see if anyone else has noticed that the prices on RS4s have dipped a bit. BUT, I am glad to hear that the prices have actually climbed a bit.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM
TES
AudiWorld Member

Evidently some dealers are thinking the values are going up too -- this morning I bid on a dark blue '07 with 7,500 miles at the Manheim SF Bay auction and it sold for $48k -- unbelievable! I'm looking to pick one up yet not at that price.

Quick Reply: Declining value of RS4s...