RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

does this sound normal?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does this sound normal?!?!?

so I go to drop off my car (after killing my rear right side tire and rim (more about this later)) and hes like oh btw, we just wanted to make sure that it is ok to add about 100 miles to your car!!!!! i was like WTF!!!! Hes like we just need to make sure it doesnt over heat anymore so our lead tech is going to take your car home, garage it over night and then bring it back. Should I be concerned about this procedure or is it normal practice? I am going to call AoA to confirm this. Any help would be appreciated. Too bad I am in germany a million miles away and I can do anything At least he did make sure it was ok to drive the car. He did give me the option of taking it home right away, with no clue as to what would happen if I didnt let them drive it 100 miles.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's not unusual. It's your car, say no if you don't like the idea. What's up with the overheating

?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the overheating is why the clutch gets hard as a rock. I think the hose was improperly designed

and it causes the fluid to overheat or something.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

100 miles sounds like overkill. Wait until you get home and drive the 100 miles yourself.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Re: the overheating is why the clutch gets hard as a rock. I think the hose was improperly designed

There is no need for alarm. I took great measures to properly diagnose and repair your vehicle. Audi requested that I perform a road test at your approval to ensure the problem is fixed. Apparently, they are expecting other RS4's to have this issue. I had to overnight the hose to them so they can inspect it. I have some pictures that I can post if you wish.

-Mike@Riverside
Old 07-15-2006, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wow! You can work on mine any time!

Unfortunately, distance may be a problem though.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default thanks mike. You know i trust you, but i never had to have a rep drive a car 100 miles and its still

my baby Hopefully you guys can take care of that wheel also. In anycase, anyone who needs great work done should head to riverside audi. Those guys are great and probably the only ones I would trust with my car. If jack daniels had said they wanted to drive my car I would have flipped (and besides, they did take my car for a joy ride).
Old 07-16-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Thanks!!

Thank you for your kind words. I don't exactly spend much time on these forums. I find that there is a general sense of distrust towards dealerships and technicians, and to be perfectly honest, it upsets me. NOW, some gripes are totally justified. There are many many dealers out there that just don't care about customers, and there are many technicians who put forth zero effort towards fixing a vehicle. I understand this all too well. It is the reason why I have worked at three different dealerships over the course of three years. When I interact with the more "informed" audi enthusiasts, I feel like they are already weary of me and my establishment, simply based on a prior experience or some posts that they have read. It is normal to be skeptical after a battle with a dealer. I was seriously considering switching car lines or getting out of the business totally before I came to Riverside...so I understand how you guys feel sometimes. Being an Audi technician is TREMENDOUSLY difficult. It takes an extraordinary amount of knowledge and skill to complete some of these repairs. I do believe that some of you already know that, but its just human nature to focus on the bad experiences rather than the good ones. I hope everybody that reads this post will walk into the dealer with an open mind. Communicate with your advisor and maybe see if you can establish a relationship with the technician who works on your vehicle. (Don't talk to him too long though because he's on the clock!!!). I would do ANYTHING for an Audi enthusiast that appreciates me and what I do. I have done much work for people who live on the forums and they can vouch for that. So keep on postin' and keep loving your Audi. If you are at waterfest, come and see me at the Riverside Booth!

Mike@Riverside
Old 07-17-2006, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default It is really great having you here...

Lot's of us talk, but few of us have the training and expertise that you do. Welcome!

Hopefully, we will keep the tech-bashing to a minimum.