RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

ecu

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ecu

Has anyone installed a REVO ECU on the RS4. i have heard it is amazing and a must have to help the throttle response and make the flywheel feel lighter????????????
Old 05-06-2008, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default save ur money... just made the throttle response feel the same as S button.

No flywheel lightness was felt. If anything it felt like it lost some bottom end. I reflashed back to factory w/in a few days and am happy again.

I will not name the source, but someone did dyno an RS4 w/ Revo software, it lost torque and gained less than 10 hp at the top end. Not worth losing warranty for nothing.

Obviously, there is a reason that Revo will not give us any accurate dyno results for their product, the gains are crap and I'm sure they know it. Revo, are you reading this? Bummer, eh...
Old 05-06-2008, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Throttle response is fine on this car and much better than the S4
Old 05-06-2008, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree: no dyno, no flash
Old 05-06-2008, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default i disagree i have maha plots to prove that if anything it gained the most torque down low

we tuned my car at kmd on there dyno and the results were great (i will ask danny to email me a copy of the plots to post up here). the settings on the flash are very very sensitive so a dyno in my opinion is crucial for the flash to work efficiently it really is all in the fine tuning. i did several dyno sessions to get it just right and sometimes it felt like a dog down low but believe me once its tweaked PROPERLY the suggested claims r there. my buddy with a stock rs4 cant beat me no matter how hard he tries in any gear. im not trien to start anything on the forum but dynos dont lie(at least i dont think they do). i welcome anyone to try it out on mine :P

ps... i have zero affiliation with revo for what its worth
Old 05-07-2008, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Let's clear up a few things.....

Firstly, where have you heard that it is "amazing" and a "must have". No amount of software tuning on this already near-max tuned normally aspirasted motor is going to be amazing.

Secondly, you don't want more throttle response than is already present on this car. As it is, it is twitchy enough to drive slowly. Do you want to make it impossible to drive under "normal" driving conditions?

Thirdly, the only thing that will make a flywheel feel lighter is a lighter flywheel. Imagine that. And a lighter flywheel is not necessarily a desireable thing. It will allow an engine to rev down just as quickly as it revs up making driving very choppy. This engine is rev-happy enough.

Honestly....leave this motor alone. It is damn near perfect. If you mess with it, you will lose out somewhere.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:18 AM
Former Vendor

Default Thanks Rich...

KMD should be forwarding those graphs shortly. In general, our claims of power increases are based on what we've seen while tuning. Overall, the gains are relatively modest but considering the RS4's pedigree, that is really no surprise. In fact, our marketing is focused more on the positive change in 'feel' and drivability as it's these changes that, anecdotally, seem to be touted over and above the more pragmatic changes in performance. Of course this type of feedback is very subjective but I can honestly say, of all the comments we have received to date, both from dealers and customers, no one has been disappointed with their purchase.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Software makes the flywheel feel lighter???
Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wow....an honest and straightforward response from a tuner!!!!!

I have never driven a Revo tuned RS4. I have no doubt that the subtle tuning differences can nicely tweak the feel of the motor. That's fine, as long as people accept that is what it is. Subjective driving impression is very important and this is what should be emphasized. That's the same reason many of us prefer the RS4 to the faster stage 3 B5 S4, for instance. Looking forward to having the opportunity to drive one. Too bad Revo won't be coming to the Northeast Spring Bash. I did send an invite but no response back. Same for KMD. Two e-mails....no response back.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:36 AM
Former Vendor

Default Vijay--

You won't make 30hp on this motor with tuning. What you will do, is make the throttle feel so much better, remove the soft rev limit up top, remove the speed limiter, and get an honest to goodness 10-15ft/lb down low.

It does take a bit of time on the street to dial the software in, as these motors are VERY sensitive to ignition timing and fuel quality.

Nobody is forcing this flash on you, but I assure you the difference between a stock car and a tuned one is night and day

Please forward me some information on this Spring Bash...

robin@revotechnik.com

Thanks!

Quick Reply: ecu