RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

EPC light came on last night and car has a hesitation now..... (updated)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPC light came on last night and car has a hesitation now..... (updated)

008197 - Intake Manifold Flap; Bank 2: Stuck Open
P2005 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent

Update:

Well nothing was replaced. All was checked and in good order and functioning properly. They said they recalibrated the flap motor (what ever that means) The hesitation is gone and the shifts are smooth again :-) We will see if it pops back up.

Update #2:

No EPC light and the car is way smoother than ever when I get on the throttle. What ever they re-calibrated seems to be working. At least for now.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yep. Either you have a leaky vacuum line or the intake motors are hooped
Old 02-22-2009, 06:18 PM

Default ......... searched and found a bunch of Intake Manifold Flap discussion.

calling for service tomorrow :-(
Old 02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Funny enough I had an EPC light come on today too. Has gone away but suspecting the same outcome.

Did some STFA'ing as well and I'm thinking that this might be a great time to port/polish the intake manifold, as done by another member here. I have yet to VAG it though.

Time to fix my porting tool.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 AM

Default The light does go off ...... but it will be back.

I had the EPC light come on last week as well..... I VAG'ed and cleared the same codes that popped back up yesterday.

I like to make sure it just wasn't a fluke before making a service appointment since the dealer is 2 hr away.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh cool I like your sig. Are those 250 karts?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You may want to wait to port and polish until you've been to the dealership. No sense in doing that

work only to have them replace the intake manifold....also wouldn't be too good for your wallet if they went to replace it and noticed the work you did to it and blamed you for the failure.

Just a thought from someone who has had the EPC light stay on and the intake manifold was replaced due to stuck flaps as a result.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default I had my EPC come on several times. My dealer worked with Audi Tech to determine the problem...

and after replacing a sensor and then one of the vacuum accuators in the intake manifold, the problem still happened. My intake manifold was then replaced as well as one of the two vacuum pumps. Anyway, my problem seems to be fixed now as the EPC light hasn't been back on in about a month.

I believe I had the same or similar codes you mentioned, but I ended up taking the car to the dealer 2-3 times to get the problem resolved. This was mostly due to the intermittent nature of the problem and the standard troubleshooting procedure that Audi wanted followed (which is fair enough).
Old 02-23-2009, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yup. In that particular picture I'm running a 2002 Yamaha TZ250, #35.

Have since switched over to a Honda CR250 which is slower but has a bigger class to race in.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Good point. I keep forgetting that I have a full warranty still.

Based on some of the searching it seems that it may just be a vacuum line, if that were the case it would be easy enough to fix at home. At any rate, I'll probably wait to see if it comes on again and then take it to the dealer for further diagnosis.

Quick Reply: EPC light came on last night and car has a hesitation now..... (updated)