RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

I have heard of a few of RS4's that are avaialble immediately...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I have heard of a few of RS4's that are avaialble immediately...

Daytona/Blk (new)
Sprint/Silver (new)
Sprint/Blk (new)
Daytona/Blk (used-2550 miles)

If one of these matches what you are looking for and you do not wish to wait, let me know. All cars are on the West Coast.
Old 09-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Anyone care to speculate why the demand is not exceeding the supply at this time?

When a new model of the M3 is available, there will probably be a long waiting list. Maybe it is the price? Yes, the M3 will be the direct competitor for the RS4. 335i is now the direct competitor for the S4
Old 09-09-2006, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

oil consumption - j/k
Old 09-09-2006, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default all I can say is RS6....

same thing happend on the RS6. Audi is asking to much $$$$$ for their cars. I remember when RS6's were going for 10k+ under MSRP. I remember when some people traded in lemon S4's and got RS6's with little or no extra money down.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Seriously, I think it is a case of dealers ordering cars and people backing out...

Four unsold cars on the West Coast is not really a crisis. The dealer that I purchased my RS6 from had four unsold 2003 RS6's in his inventory during the summer of 2004! Many people are still waiting for their cars, so a few unsold cars selling at around MSRP is not a terrible thing. In general, people are still having trouble finding RS4's available for immediate delivery. My post was just a public service announcement and not intended to set off alarm bells.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Elder Member

Default a little diff this time around...

everyone was way more informed about allocation. RS4s did not go for 10K+ over MSRP in the early days, as did many RS6s. audi has not dumped more RS4s on the market unexpectedly, yet, as they did with the RS6.

so now there are just some available cars for people to test drive, compare and buy. big deal.

i will say that Audi better keep marketing this fvcker tho. the auto press buzz is dying down since the car is shipping.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Most of your points its to early to say thats not going to happen...

i know originally they said the number of production per year for the RS4 but now they have said they are going to produce more. Thats exactly what they did with the RS6. Also the RS4 attempted to sell over MSRP in certain areas just like the RS6. I can tell you where I live they didn't even try that, all RS6's sold at or under (most under) MSRP. I agree some on the lots are not a bad thing, but I worry that this is just going ot get worse. Hell around where I live today if the local dealer has one M3 on the lot your suprised, they typically have a waiting list and order cars. And thats on a car thats been out for several years. Not that I am saying audi should do this but I think they priced them self out of the market they wanted to capture.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Also the Daytona/Silver here in St Louis, for you midwest lookers...
Old 09-10-2006, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default $75K out the door with tax/licence for " small " Audi is the problem

It would be a tough sell at that price level for the coming M3 also. Most of us on these boards got our Audis near invoice - my salesguy basically told me without any prompting he would sell me any B7 S4 ( my third Audi , last one 10 years ago ) sitting on the back lot at just a few hundred dollars over their cost while I was just browsing .
Audi shoud stop bracketing the M3 with an S4 below it and an RS4 above it and just build one model at the same price point. Same problem will probably occur trying to sell an S6 and an RS6 in the US mkt vs the M5 and E63 .

Audi makes GREAT cars . I actually enjoy driving my S4 more than my 996 Turbo and have told all my friends and family that and the reasons. But in our mkt,compared to BMW and MBZ , American buyers just want to buy them cheap or not at all, like buying a Ford or GM sedan or a Saab - i.e., where's my DEAL ?
Old 09-10-2006, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: I have heard of a few of RS4's that are avaialble immediately...

I am in Florida, I have called every dealer, no Avus Silver available anywhere in the US, they tell me. All cars are "sold" orders. In the end one dealer here in FL. has one that is being built on 9/26 that they assigned to me. I was told I should have the car about end of October. Does that sound realistic??

Quick Reply: I have heard of a few of RS4's that are avaialble immediately...