RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

If you're in Long Island or NY this is a good place to go for performance installation!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you're in Long Island or NY this is a good place to go for performance installation!

So this whole weekend I had been running around looking for a shop to install my down pipes. I was in a rush because I did a swap with someone out in California. I agreed to trade my stocks for labree. I went to at least five shops because I was in a rush because I felt bad for the guy in California whose car is waiting for my stocks on a hoist. I went to a few shops around my area wont mention names, but they told me, "It's impossible to install these pipes on this car because the transmission (tip) is too big and it's too tight to get this out without shifting the motor mounts." I was in despair. My last choice was a mieneke. I went to mieneke and saw an 18 year old ripping pipes out of a Lincoln. I was like, "Oh God!" I swear I was so close to sending back my pipes to California and telling the guy, "Thanks, but, No thanks." Until I received an email from my guy in California saying he knew a guy by the name of Mike Hanson. This guy worked on an Rs4 and other s4's before. I told him my situation and he told me, "Don't go to mieneke, the job isn't going to get done right!" He told me he was booked and said if he had a break he would take me in. So I got a call yesterday around 3 pm and he said he would work on my car over night because he understood my situation. "I was like there is a God!"
This guy was amazing. He is an audi technician and works at an Audi dealership. He has his own garage on the side and does performance work and service where he lives. I left the car overnight with him and he did a fantastic job. The car sound great with the Autospeed exhaust and stratosphere (4V8) intake, but the down pipes is what really sets the tone of the car. (I will post a video during the week) So I went just having an exhaust on Thursday to having an intake and down pipes by Sunday.
Bottom-line I trust this guy and he can definitely work on my car again. I am just spreading the word because he worked so hard and for such a good price and he loves doing it as a hobby and job.

Mike Hanson
Mobile: (516) 524-9292

P.S It's a long drive but well worth it.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

what town is he in?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: what town is he in?

rocky point
Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default So you must be Mr Dickson's mysterious parts trader...

I recommended Mr H on past experience...

He is certainly trustworthy.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:06 PM

Default Re: So you must be Mr Dickson's mysterious parts trader...

yes I am hahaha, i am really mysterious. What did you get done on the rs4