RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Jackasses

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackasses

Another Thursday night and another moron in a Accord who wants to race. What's with these guys and the RS4?

Anyhow, this guy tries to race me 1/2 a block from a police station. I totally ignore him and not respond in any way to his clicking of the gearshift and chirping the front tires off the light.

Fvcking twit ends up getting us BOTH pulled over by an unmarked who was behind me by a car!!!!!

So here I am sitting in my car while constable kick-*** gives me a lecture for 25 minutes about street racing. I kept saying "I wasn't racing, he tried to provoke something and I didn't respond" and then he'd go talk to the other guy and come back and try it again.

In Canada it's only street racing if you know the other driver or they can prove you pre-arranged the race (pretty much impossible). If not it's just two speeding charges and perhaps reckless driving if warranted. This officer was trying hard to prove a connection between us.

Finally I got so pissed off at this guy wasting my time going back and forth I told him to either give me a ticket or stop wasting my time. That got him pissed off. Anyhow, I just sat and took his verbal abuse over street racers, young punks (I'm 36 and don't look like a young punk as I am on my way home from work in a suit). By this time I had missed any chance getting home to play with our young kids before bedtime so I was pissed (our before bed playtime is the highlight of my day). When he finally wound down I asked him for his badge number which got him going again, but in the end he gave it.

When he let me go I drove the 1/2 block to his station and asked for the supervisor and preceeded to tear a strip off him. I told him my lawyer would stuff my RS4 up his **** over this and I want going to take out a NYT add on police harrassment.

In the end they do nothing nor can they really, but it just pisses me off that some idiot caused some cranky cop to waste an hour of my life and a hour with my kids.....

Sorry to vent, thanks for listening...

SG
Old 07-27-2006, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Crazy story!

Couldn't the cop tell your intent by your speed? Really, who races at the posted speed limit?
Old 07-28-2006, 12:56 AM

shoulda gave the cop a burrito...
Old 07-28-2006, 08:52 AM

Sounds like a weird one(the cop), but prolly just quota time.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:35 PM

What speed? I was at a light and not even moving when Honda-boy peeled out!