Old 04-16-2007, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA maybe you are right and thanks.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Tire comparison data shows it is amongst the best but the ADVAN Neova...

has the edge over the RE's in all categories except cornering stability, where the RE-01R edges it. Another factor is price and the RE-01R has the edge here at about $37/tire cheaper.<ul><li><a href="http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AR4&amp;url=%2Ftires%2Ftests%2FtestDisplay .jsp%3Fttid%3D71">tire comparo</a></li></ul>
Old 04-16-2007, 07:41 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Default I know, I know. Many have said this recently. Seems like each event fills the car more and more.

I'll need a friggen trailer soon...lmao. I'm trying to avoid stuff like brake pad changeout and tire changeover so I don't feel like I'm in a whirlwind from the get-go to the end. I want to enjoy the "in-betweens", maybe at the price of losing out on alittle performance.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default OK Bob I see what you want. Tell you what, when you come to Tremblant...

I'll help you load and unload your car, I'll help you put the tires on the car. The brakes pads I suggest you do that at home and get them to bed in on the way up here.

For your other track days I suggest you find another helper, lol.

There as to be a pad that you can use on the track and on the street. Did you try to see if Pagid as high performance street pads that are up to the task? What about Hawks?

Bob you need a second set of wheels and tires. Just load up one of the wheels in your spare compartment. All you need is a jack and a small tool box and you have plenty of room in the S to carry all that stuff.

<b>JUST DO IT!</b> and you won't regret it.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL, you been telling me that for awhile. So you are volunteering to be my "pit crew" eh? You..

won't have much time for yourself then. Btw, brake pads: it is apparant several b6'ers are using Carbotech XP8's (F) and Bobcats (R) for road &amp; track without any performance loss or rotor issues. That's what I'm doing.
Wheels and RT615's are the same dollar amount as a set of ADVANs or RE-01R's, but if I go that route, you're "BP's Official Pit Crew" which will earn you at least a couple of Maudite. :^))
Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

I'll answer my question, no XL for either the 235/40 or the 245/40.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XL rating, higher load index, and higher speed rating for Advan Sport

I've yet to see any good information on the difference between an SL and XL rated tire, except for the air pressure at which maximum load is specified.

Speed rating for the Advan sport is Y vs W, which wound provide more headroom

Static load index is 165 lbs higher for Advan Sport.

So how does that translate to track performance and wear. I have no frigging idea, and I suspect no one else does. But, they are things to ask about.

BTW, Tire Rack erroneously shows the two max performance tires as ZR, which they are not. I don't believe those two tires were designed for a car as big as an S4. But I may be wrong. If it were me, I'd want to have a dialog with Bridgestone and Yokohama directly. This is one of those issues that I've thought about, and tried to research. But what I've come up with so far has been unsatisfying. If anyone has good technical information on tire load index, speed ratings and load ratings, it would be appreciated.

The only thing on a car clouded in more mystery and hype than oil are tires. There's more technology buried in a tire than the remainder of our vehicles.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Wait a minute, are you trying to get me drunk! LOL.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Default I had a dialogue with Gary@Tirerack about the very same thing. Here's what he said......

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/wheel/msgs/89122.phtml">clicky</a></li></ul>
Old 04-16-2007, 11:16 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Whatever it takes. Got to give my Pit Crew of One the best, you know...lol.

Quick Reply: NE1 want to dicuss tires?