RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

New DRC Parts On The Way

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New DRC Parts On The Way

So I was down at my local Audi dealership to have the RS4 checked out and they did a service history check and saw that three of the four shocks have been replaced due to the common DRC problem. The service manager and 2 techs told us that Audi is preparing a "Service Action" (I think that's what they said at least) to replace all DRC parts on RS4's. From what he said Audi was building up enough parts to perform the action. Apparently a Service Action is one step below a recall so it is fairly serious.

Has anyone else heard anything about this from their dealer? Hopefully it's true so we can all finally put this issue to rest.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just spoke to the service manager, and he did acknowledge that there is definitely something in the pipeline regarding the "service action" for the DRC on our RS4s. I guess the "service action" is a voluntary process that is done by Audi...rather than a "recall", which is issued and mandated by the department of motor vehicle/state action.

He said that he would give me more details about this in a few days.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am guessing they will replace should there is a problem but not if nothing is wrong. Thus if the DRC kicks the bucket after the 4years/50k miles we are out of luck?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by titsataki
I am guessing they will replace should there is a problem but not if nothing is wrong. Thus if the DRC kicks the bucket after the 4years/50k miles we are out of luck?
From what I understand it applies to everyone, even if your DRC is fine. There's probably some part number range but if your shocks are from that time period, they will be replaced either way.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hockeyman11385
From what I understand it applies to everyone, even if your DRC is fine. There's probably some part number range but if your shocks are from that time period, they will be replaced either way.
That's my understanding as well.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yeah, I just purchased my RS4 and they told me to bring it back this Friday to have all of the shocks replaced (they said everyone with RS models (RS4 and RS6) fell in the same category for similar shocks.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Posted that info several Months ago from info from the Service Manager at Prestige The recall will be for RS6s too
Old 09-24-2009, 03:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Reggie,

I'm assuming they have fixed the problem with the original DRC's? Or is this just a swap for the same shocks that have not yet failed? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Plus also we have seen more than once dealership techs being incompetent and botching installs of the new parts.

Either way I may swing over by my local dealership and inquire. Any specific number,specific info I would need to point to them to assist the process?

Cheers

Nick
Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Since I am on the road I don't have the links to my old posts but the info I got was that they are stocking up on the DRCs that are a replacement that fix the issues. No DRCs can be sent to a dealer unless pictures are sent to AOA because they will only replace those with stage III issues (dropped suspension and/or leaks on the floor). This is being done to stock up for the big recall. This is also being done for the RS4 and the RS6. Recall will be slated to start "in fall" and Prestige will only do One per day (I guess due to the amount of work needed to be done.) Prestige is the only qualified dealer for a five state region so the Q will be quite long

Quick Reply: New DRC Parts On The Way