RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

The New Sprint Blue RS4, MagnaFlow installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 03:33 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya put a K&N on your new RS4? Not a good thing.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:37 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yup , ovals = RS4, quads = b7S4.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About the tips...

Thanks for the comments.

With respect to tips, there's no plans to go to a single oval tip, the reason being is this:

We don't make our own tips, we acquire them from another source. With this pipe size, there are no oval tips available that are double walled.

A single walled tip WILL turn gold/brown. They simply can't take the heat.

The tips we use are flash chromed and polished double walled....no problems with heat.

Also, we were concerned that people would not want to buy an aftermarket system that had the exact same configuration as a stock system...in every market, for every other platform, people want the aftermarket system to look different from the stock system.

Frankly, we were surprised to learn that some RS4 owners did not feel the same way.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Coming....

Dynos will be forthcoming.

I will be coordinating this sometime in the next week or two
Old 11-12-2006, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No, here's why

Take a close look at your tip. It actually has two pipes into one tip.

It makes no sense.

To do this, Audi has a single pipe coming from the front of the car to the muffler. Inside the muffler , there must be two pipes...one straight through, the other is off to the side and is probably not connected to the inlet pipe at all.

Noone I know of in the aftermarket does this.

Mufflers are either single in, single out, or dual in, dual out, with some cases of single in with dual tips out.

The key is that the stock Audi tips' pipe diameter size is quite small, something like 1 7/8. The smallest tips I know of have inlet diameter size of 2.25 inches.

Plus, the stock tip is a single walled oval. With a single walled tip, it will TURN brown/gold.

Don't think anyone wants a $75K car with a discolored exhaust tip. Wait a year, you'll see.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Coming soon.

HI Shiv;
Email me your address...we're waiting for first article production to come off the assembly line. Once it does, it goes to dyno verification and if all's good, it'll be realeased within a week or two of that.

moviecarz@***.net
Old 11-12-2006, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default K&N: Definitive answers

Lemme guess..."it's gonna ruin my MAF sensor," right?

Here's an interesting tidbit. The attached URL takes you to a page wherein K&N outlines the results of MAF testing from a variety of dealers who sent them in claiming K&N ruined their MAF's.

What is significant about this list is that EVERY DEALER LISTED ON THE LIST LOST THEIR CASE IN COURT. It was proven, to the court's satisfaction, that the K&N filter did not cause the problem and in fact, that most dealers misdiagnosed the problem.

K&N has a $1 million dollar lab that does nothing but MAF warranty claims. To date, they have not found a single problem attributable to the filter or to over-oiling of a filter.

I've seen many, many posts on this board about this topic and to date, not one person has provided a link to a reputable independent lab's testing proving that this is nothing more than an urban myth, so forgive me if I appear as skeptical as those telling me NOT to do it.<ul><li><a href="http://www.knfilters.com/MAF/MAFTestresults.htm">http://www.knfilters.com/MAF/MAFTestresults.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 11-12-2006, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I'm not brave, I'm a Bullrunner

This car is being built for the 2007 Bullrun.

Things like a scanner, CB, full laser/radar protection, Veil, etc. are almost compulsory items to compete without fear.

I got two tickets last year...can't afford any more.<ul><li><a href="http://www.bullrun.com">http://www.bullrun.com</a</li></ul>
Old 11-12-2006, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I like the quad tips personally, but......

They need to be *slightly* larger to fill the rear skirt cut out a bit better and distinguish them from the S4 tips. They also need to be angled slightly more upwards. From the side shot you posted, they seem to have a downward rake which doesn't look so hot.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:54 AM

In that case, good luck and kick some A$$

Quick Reply: The New Sprint Blue RS4, MagnaFlow installed