RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Ok, let's talk lease numbers please

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I am leasing. If you are going through AFS (VW Credit) for the second or third time

They should hook you up with this stuff. May have something to do with credit score, but my credit is average. Keep in mind, loyalty is based on using the same finance company multipel times. If you buy an Audi for cash, then buy an Audi through your credit Union, then lease an Audi through Audi Finacial, there is no loaylty to any particular lender there.

VW Credit agrees to buy the car from the dealership for a set price. Based on that price, they offer a lease rate and a residual as well as any security deposit, etc. The dealer can than modify those numbers for their own needs. So if VW credit says $0 deposit and 5% interest equaling $1000/month, the dealership can change that to $0 deposit and 6% interest equaling $1100/month. You sign the deal and VW Credit gives the dealership the price of the car PLUS that extra $100/month x how ever many months the lease is for. That is where the dealership makes $$.

The interesting part is that VW Credit sees their customer as the dealership, not you. So they will never tell you what the real deal is. Likewise, you can not work a deal with them directly, you must go through the dealership. When you are paying first month, 6% interest, what ever, you never really know if that is going to the lease company or dealership.

I know the dealer is making some money off me, and I'm ok with that - as long as they aren't bending me over and giving it to my prison style!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default There are a lot of you reading this thread, but no one else is commenting. Help some brothers out!

Are we getting good deals or not!
Old 02-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re:

this is my second lease 2003 and now-i did own a 1998 a4.
My credit is really high-over 750.
they waived security, they waived disposition fee and he thru in the 550 care package.
i called Audi/Vw and they said there is no such program? they said each dealership could be different.

my turn in is mint-29k miles and the inspector said the car was mint-Just had it done this morning.
I asked the dealer what he can do and he told me nothing-i have given this dealership so much business i feel they should drop it under 1200/month.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default need more info.

-how much of a deposit, and is that going to be used for cap reduction, or for your TT&L?

BTW, the car will have sunshades at that price....they're included in the premium pkg.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re:

The problem we have here is supply and demand. These cars are so rare that they don't have to give us anything. There are a lot of people out there that paid a lot more for these cars than we are going to. I doubt there are many that got them much cheaper than us.

So I am no looking to nickle and dime them, just wanted to make sure my deal was "fair". I got a sick deal on my S4 which is why my payoff and trade in value are so close. I should be upside down about $4-5 grand.

I think the "loyalty" program is kind of unofficial, but it certainly exists.

"they waived security, they waived disposition fee and he thru in the 550 care package." sound like you got it. The $550 package was something the dealer is going to eat, no AFS, so they are making enough money off you to not worry about that.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default No deposit. 3yr lease, TTT up front around 3K.

I have always heard that putting money down on a lease was a bad idea. Sure it reduces monthly figure, but if you total it, you loose that money. GAP insurance covers the difference, therefore you are out of pocket for the deposit.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default sounds like a good deal.

check sparkhill's page with all the current AFS rates to see if they're giving you the best current MF and residual.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Linky please - would love to look at that info.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ...

<ul><li><a href="http://webpages.charter.net/parkhill/RS4/Financial/">http://webpages.charter.net/parkhill/RS4/Financial/</a</li></ul>
Old 02-05-2007, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That is great info. Thank,s NynogaroS4, you should check it out too.

Might not change things much, but more info is always good to have.

Quick Reply: Ok, let's talk lease numbers please