Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pocono Raceway Track Event - 05/06/11

POCONO RACEWAY DRIVER SCHOOL
Friday, May 6, 2011

JOIN US FOR THIS ONE DAY EVENT!

The New Jersey Chapter will be hosting a High Performance Driver Education event at Pocono Raceway Friday May 6, 2011. This will be a full day of driver education on the Pocono Raceway North Course. The North Course is comprised of a 1.5 mile road course using a portion of the high bank oval.

Pocono is a great facility for the first time driver school participant to experience the capabilities of your Audis. Join us for a great day at the track day that will be affordable and educational. Following the success of the Car Control Clinic and Teen Driving School the NJ Chapter hosted in November, we knew the next step for all the participants of the CCC/TDS would be a High Performance Driver Education event. This will provide the perfect venue to utilize all the skills learned that day in November. Your Audi does not need special track modifications, just bring your daily driver!

The idea of having a HPDE day is not new. However, The Audi Club at Pocono certainly is! Clubs like Porsche, BMW, Corvette, Ferrari and others have enjoyed this track and now it's our turn to make a debut! The NJ Chapter is hosting this event to welcome new Audi owners and track enthusiasts alike by offering them an affordable opportunity to experience their Audis on a road course in a controlled environment. This event is sure to get you hooked on High Performance Driver Education offered through the Audi Club.

For more information go to the NJ Chapter website www.acna-nj.org and click "Blog"

or simply email Scott Lynn, Chief Instructor, at slynn@acna-nj.org for any questions.

acnanjccc

Registration fees:
The first 50 participants................... $160.00
All participant thereafter.................. $180.00

Instructors....................................... No Fee

Helmet rental is $35.00. A limited number of helmet rentals are available.

Hope to see you all there!! Open to ALL cars!!

Old 02-22-2011, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been on Pocono East and Pocono FUSA before on my R6, but never in a car. I haven't been on any track in a car for that matter. This sounds VERY tempting!

Only a couple concerns. On a bike, tires and brakes were pretty cheap, relatively speaking. In fact, the entire bike was only $5k, so if I totaled it and insurance didn't cover it, no big deal. But I'm a little more hesitant to take the RS4 to the track. Just how hard is it on the car? Will my tires and brakes be fried after one day? What it you crash - does insurance cover it? Does the organization offer any supplemental insurance?

What about prep? I remember on the bike, I had to tape up all the lights, wear full leathers, and that's about it. Other than the helmet (which I already have), is there any prep work involved? Or is it pretty much just show up, take some instructional class and drive?

Sorry for so many questions...
Old 02-22-2011, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Without Prejudice:
Q: Just how hard is it on the car?
A: It shouldn't be hard on the car, as we teach and encourage you to be as smooth and as connected with the car as possible.

Q: Will my tires and brakes be fried after one day?
A: The North Circuit is pretty "tame". You should not expect to exhibit significant wear on tires and brakes.

Q: What it you crash - does insurance cover it?
A: Most motor policies do not cover track events, even educational ones like ours. Please check with your carrier.

Q: Does the organization offer any supplemental insurance?
A: The organization doesn't, although there are many carriers who can insure you with an agreed value.

Q: What about prep?
A: Your vehicle will need to pass scrutiny with an ASE certified technician of your choice no more than 30 days prior to the event and then again be subject to a rudimentary inspection, on-site at the day of the event. Many of our co-sponsors will provide this service for free. Others charge a nominal fee of around $35-$50. A checklist of items inspected can be found here: http://www.acna-nj.org/events.php

Last edited by Ram@S4-MTM; 02-22-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

as far as track insurance. i believe lockton offers it. you will find this during registration at motorsportreg. hope to see you there!

thanks!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

So during the registration process, I can purchase the supplemental insurance from Lockton? I looked at the pricing and it seems well worth it.

Regarding the ASE certified inspection, what does "pass scrutiny" mean? Do I just go to a tech and say I need a track day inspection and they'll know what I'm talking about, then provide me with some sort of documentation that I bring to the event?

God, I sound like such a newb!!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by spagolli94
So during the registration process, I can purchase the supplemental insurance from Lockton? I looked at the pricing and it seems well worth it.

Regarding the ASE certified inspection, what does "pass scrutiny" mean? Do I just go to a tech and say I need a track day inspection and they'll know what I'm talking about, then provide me with some sort of documentation that I bring to the event?

God, I sound like such a newb!!
the link Ram provided has the list of items that need to be done for pre-tech inspection. the basic stuff applies - fresh brake fluid, decent brake pads, no leaks, etc...

http://www.acna-nj.org/events/PreTech1.pdf

ask all the questions you have. we're here to make it easy for everyone. a bunch of us meet up on a regular basis. feel free to hang out and we can talk about track events all day. hope the link helps.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Pocono HPDE Pre-Event Seminar
In preparation for the May 6th Pocono HPDE Event...

We would like to invite you to the Pocono Pre-Event Seminar being held at the New Brunswick Hyatt on Sunday afternoon, March 13, 2011 at 2:00pm!

If you have already have signed up, are thinking about signing up or are just curious about attending an HPDE track event, this seminar is for you!

The Audi Club Track Personnel will be on-hand to discuss the details leading up to the event and provide information about the day at the track. What to expect, what to do and how to prepare yourself and your car for a track event will be covered.

This is a Great opportunity to come out and meet other track participants, ask questions and discover what a HPDE is all about.

Topics we will cover include:
· Car Preparation
· Track Day Preparation
· Track Layout - North Course
· Tech Inspection Requirements
· Event Activities
· What to Bring
· What to Do
· Where to Stay
· And many other informative topics
· Refreshments will be served

This is a great time for Q and A's as well!

Plan on attending? Simply contact at slynn@acna-nj.org and we will reserve your place!

For more information about the Pocono Event go to www.acnanj.blogspot.com

New Brunswick Hyatt:
http://www.newbrunswick.hyatt.com/hy...tels/index.jsp
Old 02-28-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I Just signed up for this. I never have run at Pocono or with Audi Club, ( I've mainly run at Lime Rock with SCDA) I can't wait!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Pocono Event

I assume that Cabs are out?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DrivingFool
I assume that Cabs are out?
we have cabs participate in these events all the time. any cab that passes pre-tech inspection can participate. here is the checklist.

http://www.acna-nj.org/events/PreTech1.pdf

Quick Reply: Pocono Raceway Track Event - 05/06/11