RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Powerchip has an ECU mod for the RS4?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: only if you a smart enough to make them...

but that seems in short supply

did you finish kindergarten?
btw you spelled kindergarTen wrong...

to enforce your RIGHTS, you must first KNOW them...

the 'system' feeds on the ignorance of the consumer...and it's never hungry...lol
Old 01-19-2009, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

of course, duh
Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: of course, duh

not very bright are we?
so you already voided your engine warranty with the exhaust?

an integral part of the engine system, why the hesitation with the ECU mod that could actually reap some HP gain from the soley cosmetic (both visual & audible) mod that has already voided said warranty?
yep, duh...

if I told you there was a federal law that allowed only 1 armed men to own switchblades would you believe me?

do you breath thru your nose or mouth?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default here's another take

all in USD
car/tax/options/etc: 75k
mods estimated 20k
financing cost, 1/2 down, 5 years 6k
total ~ 100k

the car may be worth 50k...so you 'lost' 50k...

you could buy another car for that, or 3 new engines...

do the math...
so who's the uneducated dummy?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Please post ONE specific example of an auto manufacturer warranting a car with a modified ECU and...

then pursuing the chip manufacturer for damages. I am not talking about some dealer slipping repair work on a modified car through under warranty. I just want one example of a European auto manufacturer who will warranty a modified car and then seek remedies from the company that made the modifications.

Take Dinan for example. They are a well-known tuner and BMW even allows dealers to offer Dinan-tuned cars. But the warranty on the tuned parts is covered by Dinan not BMW.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default i think your posts speak for themselves. how about some factual information about what you claim

instead of name calling and wishful thinking.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree. We need facts not wishful thinking.

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/110513.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/110513.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 01-19-2009, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Arthur, I don't think anyone is arguing the law, but that's not how Audi does things...

Just ask all the B5 S4 owners what happened when their turbo's blew and they happened to have a chip. Sure the chip could be the reason, but what about the cars without chips with the same blown turbos?

Over the years many Audi owners have learned that such a small gain in hp/tq just isn't worth it when you might have to deal with Audi if something goes wrong.

Audi will not do the right thing or follow any laws without a fight and most people don't want to go through that. Dealers and Audi reps look for reasons to void warranties instead of thinking the issue might be their fault.

In regards to other mods and warranty...I'm guessing people have decided those mods are more worth it to them. If you track the car a suspension is going to be the more worth while mod over 10 more hp.

If these cars had a turbo, you can be sure many would be chipping, even if it cost $2000 and a possible warranty void b/c you can gain so much with a chip.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Well said. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default For the uninformed: READ THIS

I have a LOT of experience in this area.

Do a search under Magnusson Moss warranty Act of 1975.

In essence, a chipped car can ONLY be denied warranty service IF the manufacturer can PROVE (not allege, PROVE) that the part YOU installed directly influenced the failure of the part on which you're claiming a warranty.

Adding 20 hp to a naturally aspirated engine is more than likely NOT going to cause any problems.

Companies have been doing it for 20 years.

First off, 99.99999% of dealers will never know about the mod...they don't have ability to pull the data and analyze the affected lines of code at the dealership.

This is why I sympathize with Audi tuners. 99% don't know jack **** about cars, tuning and are more interest in LED running lights than performance.

Mirror/rorriM: your posts are baseless, contorted and paint fantasy apples-to-oranges comparison that clearly demonstrate you have no business giving tuning advice.

Comically, there were members of this very forum that were all in favor of the Singh ECU mods...from a company who posted NO dyno results and was charging 60% more.

Canuck: Magnusson Moss REQUIRES the manufacturer top prove what caused the failure.

I cannot believe so many Audi owners are so misinformed about modifications.

Quick Reply: Powerchip has an ECU mod for the RS4?