RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Problems... Common?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems... Common?

Okay so I have a few issues now with my car. First and foremost is the glovebox. It's broken and from the looks of it it looks like Audi manufactured a poor glovebox design. The hinge sticks and eventually cracked causing my glovebox to now be crooked and fail to close properly.

Secondly, my headrests. 2 of them appear to be broken. They will not move up or down. I thought at first I just wasn't pushing the button down far enough but that certainly wasn't the issue. Has anyone else had a problem with their headrests?

Thirdly is the issue with the trunk. Somehow the handle in the trunk to lift up the storage compartment where the toolbox is broke off and again seems to be poorly designed. 2 flimsy pins are supposed to hold it in. Also all those little clips on the cargo net never seem to stay on. I removed it all out of frustration.

Im curious to see if anyone else on here has had similar issues and if so recommendations in terms of fixes and/or prices would be greatly appreciated.

~Cheers
Chazaki
Old 10-02-2010, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazaki
Okay so I have a few issues now with my car. First and foremost is the glovebox. It's broken and from the looks of it it looks like Audi manufactured a poor glovebox design. The hinge sticks and eventually cracked causing my glovebox to now be crooked and fail to close properly.

Secondly, my headrests. 2 of them appear to be broken. They will not move up or down. I thought at first I just wasn't pushing the button down far enough but that certainly wasn't the issue. Has anyone else had a problem with their headrests?

Thirdly is the issue with the trunk. Somehow the handle in the trunk to lift up the storage compartment where the toolbox is broke off and again seems to be poorly designed. 2 flimsy pins are supposed to hold it in. Also all those little clips on the cargo net never seem to stay on. I removed it all out of frustration.

Im curious to see if anyone else on here has had similar issues and if so recommendations in terms of fixes and/or prices would be greatly appreciated.

~Cheers
Chazaki
no problems here with headrest and trunk covers, keep in mind we see about 30 B6 S4s a week
the glove box is designed to collapsed inwards in an accident to protect the passenger's knees if hitting the dash in an accident
Old 10-02-2010, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you must be some kind of beast.