RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

question for those with magnaflows

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for those with magnaflows

is anyone else experiencing a decrease in performance after there installs. when i went to reset the ecu i found fault codes for misfiring on cylinders 7 and 8, reset these and got some power back but it still doesnt feel as strong as it did anyone else with this problem???
Old 06-10-2007, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: question for those with magnaflows

that doesn't sound good and scares me a little. Mine is going in on Thursday. I hope people respond to this post.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Mine was installed at about 4750 miles and now at about 5150, no problems. Day after install

I drove 340 miles. Now that I have passed 5000 the car does seem a bit more responsive, which could be my imagination, the ECU adjusting to the changes sensed from the new exhaust, the perhaps mythical remap programmed into the ECU at 5k miles or wishful thinking. Dealer did run the ECU update at my 5k mile service when I had the exhaust installed, but that, I have been told, has no impact on performance. No warnings have appeared. FWIT, I noticed a major difference in throttle response when I started using Shell 93 a couple of months ago, although I never had any fault codes or misfires before. I am delighted to report that my RS4 remains an absolute hoot to drive.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Forgot to mention that at highway speeds the MagnaFlow was not intrusive over 6 hours of driving.

I was pleasantly surprised at that and as in my first impressions post find that the aural engagement of the MF system makes driving a car with this amazing engine much better.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dude....exhaust has NOTHING to do with your problem.

There is a common fault with misfires due to bad coil packs. Do a search on this forum.

Take your car into the dealer. One has nothing to do with the other.

Keep in mind that the exhaust is a passive outlet for spent exhaust fumes. It does nothing to influence the combustion process, so unless someone stuffed both your exhaust pipes full of rags, tennis ***** or dead mice, your car should not be adversely affected in any way.

This is why cat back systems are 50 state legal...they do not nothing to affect the combustion process.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default you did forget that damage to something during the exhaust install can cause issues

O2 sensor getting knocked etc. But I think you are right on what his issue is.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default no problems here...if anything, it feels stronger than before the install.

it may have nothing to do with the exhaust...a couple of people here have reported misfire issues.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default i thought so to but one of my good friends is an audi tech and happened to prep my car and replaced

the coilpack from the get go, bob w. where r u located?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default san antonio.

you should try to email 'Evil Buddah'...I know he had some repetitive misfire issues, and his exhaust is stock AFAIK. I don't recall what the eventual outcome was in his case.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:57 PM

Default San Antonio,

that's one hot place! didn't you live in northern Calif for awhile? must have taken some adjusting. neat town though, lot of history.

Quick Reply: question for those with magnaflows