RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS4 B7 QUATTRO TURBO CHARGED ?

 
Old 01-27-2016, 11:58 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 B7 QUATTRO TURBO CHARGED ?

Hi

I would like to receive mature guidance on my RS4 , i am an x BM driver and decided to go with Audi for a change .

Very nice car and i had the software done and governing removed . The problem is the M3 and AMG's still leaves us behind after 5sec from pull off .

What is the recommended turbo ( Size and what power gain could i expect ? )
CarloB7RS4 is offline  
Old 01-28-2016, 09:50 AM
  #2  
AudiWorld Expert
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 31,450
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by CarloB7RS4 View Post
Hi

I would like to receive mature guidance on my RS4 , i am an x BM driver and decided to go with Audi for a change .

Very nice car and i had the software done and governing removed . The problem is the M3 and AMG's still leaves us behind after 5sec from pull off .

What is the recommended turbo ( Size and what power gain could i expect ? )
The kits for the RS4 are supercharged. I am unaware of any turbo kits
Reggie is offline  
Old 01-28-2016, 08:36 PM
  #3  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
The kits for the RS4 are supercharged. I am unaware of any turbo kits
Hi Reggie


Thanks for the reply , i would assume that the APR will work best ?
CarloB7RS4 is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 06:23 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Expert
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 31,450
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by CarloB7RS4 View Post
Hi Reggie


Thanks for the reply , i would assume that the APR will work best ?
From what I have read it is a good choice
Reggie is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 08:18 AM
  #5  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
India Whiskey Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Way Out West
Posts: 1,019
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Someone out there is working on a twin-turbo project:

stage 2 twin turbo
India Whiskey Charlie is online now  
Old 01-29-2016, 09:34 PM
  #6  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
From what I have read it is a good choice
Thanks Reggie , much appreciated ! Go well .
CarloB7RS4 is offline  
Old 01-29-2016, 10:05 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Newcomer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie View Post
Someone out there is working on a twin-turbo project:

stage 2 twin turbo
Sounds like a master piece of a plan . I actually have a pic of a 4.2V8 RS4 with one turbo , If it works 100% and delivers power , i would not know . See pic attached.
Attached Images  
CarloB7RS4 is offline  
Old 01-30-2016, 02:03 PM
  #8  
AudiWorld Expert
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 31,450
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by CarloB7RS4 View Post
Sounds like a master piece of a plan . I actually have a pic of a 4.2V8 RS4 with one turbo , If it works 100% and delivers power , i would not know . See pic attached.
These turbos seem to be one off cars and not slated for production or major testing like the SC that are out there.
Reggie is offline  
Old 01-31-2016, 11:32 AM
  #9  
gk1
AudiWorld Super User
 
gk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NJ->CO
Posts: 7,086
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CarloB7RS4 View Post
Sounds like a master piece of a plan . I actually have a pic of a 4.2V8 RS4 with one turbo , If it works 100% and delivers power , i would not know . See pic attached.
Hard to see in that pic but it looks more like a centrifugal supercharger than a turbo.
Better pics of it here in this thread.
S/Charger Group Buy - Register your interest - Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum
gk1 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
RicardoRF
RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion
0
11-15-2009 09:01 AM
S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
0
01-25-2007 02:01 PM
audiDTM
A4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
4
08-16-2005 09:18 PM
Ginseng Sniperâ„¢
S4 / RS4 (B5 Platform) Discussion
11
06-15-2005 09:32 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS4 B7 QUATTRO TURBO CHARGED ?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: