RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 flat bottom wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 flat bottom wheel?

Now, that the R8 & TT is out, what is the chances of the RS4 Cab getting the alum. flat bottom wheel? Does anyone know if it is possible to get an aftermarket wheel for my current RS4? If part was in hand can it be installed without airbag issue? Will blue tooth, etc. operate? Does anyone out there know the answer to this one??
Old 06-07-2007, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Many of us have the euro steering wheel....

It can be installed but would require either the euro rs4 airbag or the us A8 airbag. Bluetooth and multifunctions will not operate, computer and lap times will. S button will now operate off the steering wheel.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Many of us have the euro steering wheel....

that is super helpful. where did you get yours if I may ask? Sucks to lose blue tooth. Is there no way around it? Blue tooth works just not from the wheel correct? What are your thoughts about cost vs. function? Is is really a faster wheel? Does it give you a point of reference?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Sorry... you don't loose bluetooth, just the radio controls and

telephone dialing feature. You can actually get it from alex @ www.europrice.com It is about $1500 for the steering wheel and airbag about $750 per piece.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Sorry... you don't loose bluetooth, just the radio controls and

Thanks for the clarification. That sounds great. I will get an "installed" price. I am not too concerned with losing radio & telephone controls. Lastly, what is your impression of the flat bottom wheel?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Sorry... you don't loose bluetooth, just the radio controls and

Get one. Changes the interior totally, looks like a different car.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I love it...

At first it was strange not being able to shift through the radio controls but now I've gotten used to it. I've also gotten very comfortable with the thickness of the wheel, something I could not live without. The appearance is also one of the main differences. The install of the wheel is extremely easy. There are tech articles on this website about steering wheel exchanges. The only thing besides the tools is that you might need a vag-com to reset the airbag fault code.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

You can also contact Rival Motorsport, ask for Scott
Old 06-08-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: You can also contact Rival Motorsport, ask for Scott

we have the same car! Love what you have done! I have 35% Ceramic Forumula One tint, 3m Clear Bra, but have been fighting this steering wheel. Do you like it? Do you miss losing the multi-function wheel? Which airbag did you go with? I went to Rival Sport's website but it's not up. Thanks for the tip...I will follow up.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thanks and answers...

I love the wheel and don't miss any of the functions of the multi-function. I have the A8 airbag and just swapped my stock harness to get all the buttons to work. Even though some say the Euro RS4 airbag is the corect airbag for the US RS4 there is no way to know for sure if it's any better then the A8 one.

YeS, the Rival site still isn't up, but call the number listed there and ask for Scott.

Quick Reply: RS4 flat bottom wheel?