RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Mods

I am looking at purchasing an RS4 within the next 8-10 Months and just researching some modifications. I know that With A Wetterauer Chip, Milltek Exhaust, and Stratmoshere Cold Air intake i can push the HP To about 480HP. Also a short shift kit should help. Here are some links:
http://www.chip-tuning.com
http://www.stratmosphere.com/milltek_rs4_exhaust.htm
http://www.stratmosphere.com/rs4_b7.htm

According to many magazines and the following video the 0-60 time is 4.2 Seconds. (I know 0-60 isn't everything but its important to me) Do you think with these modifications and a really experienced driver (Shifting) the RS4 can due 0-60 in under 4 seconds?? Just wondering i am not trying to start any controversy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGrbGVHXqZQ&mode=related&search=
I think it is pretty funny that in the beginning of the video he is talking about an RS4 and pointing at an S4.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default I think 480 HP (14% increase) is extremely optimistic

At least if you wish to maintain any sort of engine reliability.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Putting HP aside with those mods is 3.9 or even 3.8 to 60 possible?? I have never driven an RS4 so i

have nothing to compare too.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default For the love of God, stop the speculation on imaginary parts

How many flippin threads do we have to endure about speculation regarding parts that are not available or developed yet?

There is NO CAI intake available for the car yet...no dyno charts on any R&D products, nothing, so for all we know, no power can be made there.

No one has a chip released yet...no one...not GIAC, not Revo, not OCT, nobody, so for all we know, they can't make power or can't break the codes.

The catback exhaust however, is legit....I'll attest to that.

The MTM supercharger is made from unobtanium...a new alloy that makes it worth $25K but by the way, you can't get one anyway.

Forget about the 480hp. You'd be lucky to get 450-460 and knowing Audi's insane loss rate for the Quattro system, that's about 360 to the wheels.

3.9 0-60? Maybe with a Veryon pushing you. Or a lot of power with sticky tires and proper suspension. The Rs4 has none of these features stock....to achieve a superb 0-60, it's all about the launch and as noted, there's a lot to it...a coil over road racing suspension is NOT conducive to drag racing.

The FASTEST human shifting of a conventional manual gearbox still takes around .04-.07 seconds...no way around that.

At best, if a chip, headers and CAI becomes available, I'd expect 30hp TOTAL from all those mods combined and a 0-60 of around 4.2-4.6 seconds.

If you'd like to go fast 0-60, let me recommend the 996TT. I did testing with a Vericomm on my 2003 and I ran several 3.9 second passes.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thats cool.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default As far as I know, there are two company that can do ecu tuning to B7 RS4.

Both are not from US. So I think the RS4 can do between 460-480 with Milltek catback. MIlltek catback alone can increase 20hp. That does not include the downpipe. Ecu tuning alone without exhaust can give 25hp. So I think when you do Milltek and proper ECU tuning you will be able to achieve between 460-480hp.

Its up to individual... if some of you believe that the RS4 is already maximize and can't increase the horsepower then so be it. Stick with stock!! I have read in this forum that putting exhaust will not increase HP and so does ECU tuning. Why not everyone start installing Milltek and do ECU tuning and PROOF to these company that their product is a RIP OFF!!

For me, I think the engine can do more without damaging the reliability of the car because the ECU is tune with a generic software for the whole world so it is not optimise, it has emission control and noise control so this will reduce power.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default wow....Wetterauer! now there's a name from the past....

...I remember when they were one of the first to chip the 1.8T motor. They were the most popular choice back in the late '90's...until APR came along.

I didn't even know they had a program for the RS4...nice job finding that! Pretty sure no one here has tried it yet, but now that it's out in the open maybe someone will go for it.

I still think the only way to get some decent power gains w/o forced induction is going to be with a race gas program for the ECU. This Wetterauer upgrade *looks* promising though.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

are you sure about that? the Wetterauer website claims to have a chip that makes 22hp/19ft-lbs.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If you're looking for a car thats great on the drag and you can tune into a 0-60 monster the RS4

isn't for you... you can go grab a Z06 and get all kinds of mods on that.

Then again you also won't have the elegance, style, class, exclusivity, feel, and uniqueness of the RS4.

*edit* If anything most of us that put an exhaust on our RS4s get it so we can hear the engine a bit better. That performance gain isn't really gonna do much more for you than the car can already do now.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:26 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

fuggetaboutit...btdt.

Quick Reply: RS4 Mods