RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 Price

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 Price

Been looking a lot and getting ready to bite. Noticed thread yesterday stating the 58k for a certified RS4 would be a good price. Seems 3-4k less than I'm seeing in my area. Have others recently found price to be more negotiable? Thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default It depends somewhat on where you live...

$58K is a <u>good</u> price right now for a CPO car now. You may not be able to find the car you want at that price. A <u>fair</u> price for a CPO car might be a bit higher. There is a price bias on the internet: people post when they get a good deal, but almost nobody posts when they get screwed. It shifts the average a bit.

It is easy to buy a brand-new car from anywhere in the country because you know exactly what to expect. A used car is much harder because the pictures always make the car look like it is in better condition than it really is. It also depends on the dealer you are talking to - some are more willing to negotiate than others.

It is hard to shop for a used car out of your region. Do you really want to travel somewhere to look at a car you may or may not end up buying? Is the hassle worth a couple thousand bucks? Now, if you locate a car that is near someone on this board, you can probably find someone that will go look at it for you. You could also send it to a dealership or mechanic to have it looked over before you buy. If is a private party sale, you might be able to work out a deal with a dealer near the seller to "buy" the car, CPO it, and resell it to you; although you should expect to pay the dealer for their troubles. All this is a pain in the a$$.

As far a "certified" cars go. If is not Audi CPO, it is a waste of money. Audi CPO is only worth about $2K anyway because the car is still under warranty for at least two years and you can always but an extended warranty now or later.

All that said, if you can get your dealer down just $1-2K more, then is it really worth the hassle?
Old 03-29-2008, 07:34 AM

Default Re: It depends somewhat on where you live...

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:09 PM

Default Just bought one today.

Cpo, Phantom black, 61.5k. The car looks great and has 12000 miles on it. I found that the lower priced cars are usually bought at auctions. At least the ones that I looked at were. I pick up the car on Monday, cant wait. Car fax helps alot.