RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

RS4 woes. Advice please...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS4 woes. Advice please...

Picked up my new RS4 yesterday (cloudy day). Got in it this morning (sunny) to see tons of scratches all over windshield. Whatever animal prepped the car really screwed up the windshield.

Dealer wants to polish the glass since scratches are numerous but not deep. Anybody have any experience with this? I am seriously considering just having him buy the car back and switch brands (M3?). Audi ownership is just too stressful with the ****ty dealer network out there. What a joke.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glass can be easily polished. Use this as leverage for future visits

Just put your dealer service department on record that you will not tolerate improper treatment of your vehicle anywhere at any time. Whenever you bring it in, give explicit instructions.

If they don't do a good polishing job, demand that the windshield be replaced.

You'll be very happy with the car. Don't let a dealer spoil that for you. Most of us have had few maintenance issues with the RS4
Old 04-14-2007, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: RS4 woes. Advice please...

How do you scratch glass? Maybe its just superficial. Let them polish it, but go over the whole car for any further damage. Make them replace it if it doesn't work out (the glass).

if your leaning towards the M3 maybe your having 2nd thoughts.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:48 AM

Default dealer replaced mine

When I picked up my car I drove it for a couple of days and noticed a small imperfection...a blurred spot...in my windshield. Pretty close to my line of sight. I took the car in and they replaced the windshield that day.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default RI RS4 is right. Sadly, one must be specific with the techs. Not a bad idea to establish

rapport with the service manager and impress on him or her that you will not tolerate sloppy care. I instructed them not to polish/wax the car before delivery, although on the first brief visit for service on the protective film that was poorly installed, they washed the car with gritty rags and left fine scratches on my until then perfect Phantom Black, Zaino'd finish. They offered to "detail" and polish the car, but I will not let them within ten feet of it except for required service and then I need to know the tech. Fortunately, I have known the one tech who will work on the car and trust him to be thorough and meticulous. Of course, this is the way they should all act. That said, it is after all just a car subject to the stone chips and door dings that are a reality, so just enjoy the RS4.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:21 AM

Default That's because the let a bunch of _ _ _ _detail cars,

Adios
Old 04-14-2007, 09:26 AM

Default Re: RI RS4 is right. Sadly, one must be specific with the techs. Not a bad idea to establish

That is nothing short of pathetic. At Audi dealers you have a crew of detailers(and I use the word liberally) that must have just come from Bubble World car wash down by the wrecking yards. WHY does Audi have such low life dipsh*ts handling the cars at their dealers?
Old 04-14-2007, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default suggestions

a lesson learned for many. never let the dealer wash/prep/detail the car upon delivery or maintenance visits.

secondly: i hardly doubt that the scratches are embedded in the glass unless they used rocks and razor blades to clean it. get some window polish and micro fiber rags at your local auto supply and see if you can remove them yourself.

best success
Old 04-14-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Thanks - never had a windshield polished. For those interested, I asked them not to prep.

They did it anyways. Won't let them replace windshield. Have had that done twice before (once at Audi) with creaks developing. Good luck to those of you who had windshields replaced.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:22 AM

No, but I've had custom suits made that came out so atrocious, I made them eat the cost.

Quick Reply: RS4 woes. Advice please...