RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

s4 25th anniversary or rs4

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s4 25th anniversary or rs4

i'm talking with a dealer about a remaining 25th anniv s4.how much do you guys think it's worth (its new)?

also, for everyone who either owns a 25th anniv or an rs4... which would you buy now? is the rs4 worth the extra money? are you guys experiencing any mechanical problems with the rs4 that would warrant my waiting...? etc, etc?

i understand that the rs4 is more powerful and better/different car, etc... i'm just wondering if you think it's worth it

any advice greatly appreciated. thanks.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:11 PM

I would highly Advise the RS4
Old 08-04-2006, 05:19 PM

Default The only problem I have with the RS4 now is

the low capacity of the gasoline tank. Im filling up every other day. But Im driving alot, wasting time time get over the 1500 mile mark.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default My queation is...

Why pay the premium for a 25th anniversary edition? The 25th is a regular S4 with a body kit and wheels with the same performance as a regular spec S4 but for more money. The RS4 is a step (or more) up in the performance spectrum plus as a package with upgraded suspension, brakes, engine, etc.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

25th ann. has been sitting on the lot since november, hoping to get a deal
Old 08-04-2006, 06:59 PM
V8

Default I think the RS4 is the better buy...

I'm guessing that a new 25quattro should be around $56-58K right now, but who knows what your dealer is asking? Same for the RS4, it shouldn't be more than ~$74K, but some dealers are still marking up their cars in the showroom.

If you can afford the ~$74K then the RS4 would be a good buy, especially if you're not planning on modifying your car. If your dealer is asking for more than that then try negotiating, order one at MSRP, or look elsewhere.

I have a 25q, but if I were buying today I'd get the RS4. The primary benefit of the 25q is the interior. That's what sold me on it combined with the exterior color. If neither of these things makes any difference to you then I wouldn't recommend the 25q. And if it's the body kit or exterior carbon fiber you like then you can order those on any North American MY07 S4.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:00 PM

Default I owned both and have a strong feeling

Hey S4Beatown,

This is a question i am in a particularly adept situation at answering. I bought a 25th anniversary S4 in December of 2005. I loved it and adored the feeling of that car. It is nearly identical inside to my RS4 which i bought in June. The 60/40 quattro found in the 25th anniversary brought that particular S4 closer to the RS4 in some respects....it certainly felt better than my buddies 2005 S4 (which was the motivator to buy my 25th anniversary car in the first place)

In June, I really went to my dealership to check out the RS4 out of curiosity more than anything else...and as soon as the engine turned over i knew i was in trouble. About 3 hours after driving the RS4 i walked out with it after having traded in my 25th anniversary.

I should note that i had about 3000 miles on my S4 at trade in and suffered through nearly a month of shop repair time that nearly justified a lemon law return...bottom line is that the dealer made it worth my while and i did not get killed on the trade in.

If i had to summarize....the S4 is a great car and had i never had an issue with mine i would have had a more difficult time making the decision to turn it in...but considering how much more compelling the RS4 is to me personally....it would have happened anyway. I absolutely love this RS4 and for the first time in many years i might actually keep this car for the long haul. I'm not sure how to articulate the difference because it goes beyond the fact that it's faster, sounds amazing and handles better. There is a personality to this car that i just did not find in my 25th anniversary...i really felt no attachment to that car or any other car i've had in many years. I love my RS4. Considering the premium price on the 25th anniversary...there is no comparison in my opinion. best of luck in your chosing!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Any available rs4's in the country... or do i have to order

i'd take phantom, avis, mugello... and either interior color
Old 08-04-2006, 09:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RS4

The 25Q is essentially a year old and I do not think it will warrant a substantial premium over a standard S4 in the future. IMHO, a good deal on the 25Q is about $52K. Below is a link to someone needing out of a nearly new one.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b7/msgs/43099.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b7/msgs/43099.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 08-04-2006, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering the price gap between the two..definitely an RS4! No question.

Quick Reply: s4 25th anniversary or rs4