RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Shipping companies...need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping companies...need suggestions

Well in shopping for an RS4 that will fit my budget, it appears Im going to have to go out of state. That being said, I'd like to get an idea or some input from those folks who have shipped their cars before....specifically:

1 - Who did you go with?
2 - What experience did you have (prompt shipping, on time delivery, etc)?
3 - Any issues noted upon delivery (i.e. cracked glass or large paint chips from debris)? Were those issues quickly/easily resolved?
4 - Shipping company provide insurance of their own?
5 - What was the shipment route (to/from)? How much was the cost?

Any information is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I use FedEx custom critical for all my enclosed transport...

They are generally priced higher than the competition, but I am able to request the same driver who greets me by name at each pick up and drop off. I have never had an issue with damage or abuse of the cars. My only qualm is occasionally they take a long routing. My R8 took 2 weeks as the driver went NC -> GA -> MI -> TX -> CO -> AZ -> CA.

I've only used another company once in the past 3 years (A-AAA Auto Transport) to open ship my W12 from FL to CA. It was quite inexpensive ($800 incl tip) and had no issues with damage.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Who not to use

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/rockymtn/msgs/129615.phtml">RM AW forum</a></li></ul>
Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 AM

Default One good experience...

shipping my mom's BMW from Cali to NY. Made it there just fine, just a little dusty that's all.

On a new RS4 I would have them put a cover on it once it's on the car carrier...you'll avoid any minor damage that way. Also if it's on the bottom of a carrier the car above it could drip nasty stuff.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default www.catexpress.com, ask for seth, good guy, or www.gothamdreamcars.com, ask for rob

tell him he is a douche and tell him I sent you. Both will give you great rates and service. If not tell me.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Intercity Lines

1. Interity Lines (intercitylines.com)

2. Absolutely great service! Before loading my car, they spent 10-15 mins walking around the car, looking for any scratches, dings, flaws with me and marking their papers with what they found. They laid down mat protectors, wore booties and gloves. They really made me feel like my car was a one of a kind supercar! I could also track the exact location of my RS4 while in transit. I forgot the exact time they quoted me, but they delivered 2 days earlier than they estimated. Also, the driver's wife (A very, very nice lady) called me 48 hours in advance to let me know that they were going to make the delivery.

3. No issues upon delivery! However, the odometer did say they drove .1 miles (probably for loading and unloading the porsches, mercedes, and bentleys that were already on the truck. They didn't even move the seat.

4. They provided insurance

5. RS4 was transported from Houston, TX to Portland, Maine.

They are a GREAT company!
Old 01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default i've used intercity and horseless carriage...

both were fantastic, but neither is cheap. i'd recommend either without reservation. not worth saving a small amount on shipping to end up with a big problem imho.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have used both for bentley transport. always excellent service.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Glad to finally have an idea of who I should go with
Old 03-23-2010, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Open or enclosed.

What's the price difference? Obviously enclosed would be best but is that reserved for cars in the 6 figure plus range? I am buying one from CT and having it transported to WI.Thanks.

Quick Reply: Shipping companies...need suggestions