RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Should I expect more from my dealer than this?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I expect more from my dealer than this?

So I have $1k deposit on my RS4 with an order in at a dealer. They are taking in my 2005.5 S4 lease off my hands and valuing my car at $40k, which is pretty solid.

I like the guy I'm working with, but he's not exactly very responsive. For instance I asked for him to get back to me on a particular financing option earlier in the week, and because he took until this past Friday to finally update me, someone swooped in and took the one Daytona RS4 on the lot (see my other thread).

So as of Friday night he said he was looking into finding me another RS4 with his inventory manager and they think they found one or two and would call the dealer on Saturday (that is today).

But I got no call from him today, and I even called in the afternoon to check in but he wasn't at his desk and never returned my call.

I have never had such a hard time getting a particular sales guy on the phone. I don't know if its because he already has my deposit or what, but I kind of expect a little more in terms of communication and I am eager to get my car.

On the other hand he has done some good work behind the scenes in terms of my financing details, and I am not sure how easily I would be able to renegotiate that with a new dealer.

Advice? I want my RS4 YESTERDAY damnit!
Old 06-24-2006, 05:51 PM

Default If you want to stay with them due to favorable pricing/financing, then I would

bring it up politely and tell him that you appreciate the work he has done to get you the financing, but that you are frustrated with the fact that he is not responsive. I would tell him that you are ready to buy at any time, but will have to go to another dealer if you cannot count on him to follow thru when he says he will. You could be more curt/turse, but I would be nice about it but ask for better service - but that is obviously up to you.

If he got good financing and that is the reason you are staying with him, I would check around - a million banks out there and I am sure you can find a good rate. I found 4.99% thru USAA...

Or go to another dealer and tell them the deal you got but that the salesman is not responsive - and that you are willing to buy thru them if they can match the deal you got at your dealer.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:09 PM

Default I sent him a polite email asking him to stay in touch more..

The problem is I am really getting impatient, tomorrow is Sunday and they are closed. Kind of pisses me off because I wanted to know where things stand before I go into the new week. I have a day long meeting on Monday which precludes me from even being in touch, so I'm looking at Tuesday before I can potentially close this thing.

I kind of wonder if this dealer has so much business that they don't even care about a $73k car, and I am a repeat customer for g-d's sake. Wtf is this world coming to?
Old 06-24-2006, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes.

find another dealer, if that's a reasonable option. I got my car from a dealer 200 miles away, even though there's one 5 miles from my house.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Well I'll give him another few days to get something going...

It's funny because when I was shopping my S4 there exactly one year ago, the sales guy I had at the time was the exact opposite. He was calling me often and I actually ended up buying the car because he was more persistent.

Of course in that case I was not yet comitted. This guy knows I want this car a lot. He may feel he doesn't have to work for my business.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Just complain about your dealer to the sales manager.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:07 PM

Default Not my style..

I don't want to do that without at least confronting him first nicely. That would be kinda lame. I want to work with this guy, and I'm not asking for him to heap tons of attention on me, but just to get back to me in a timely fashion. I think so far his slow response cost me the car I wanted when I wanted it.

I hope he does better this week.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Not ususally my style either

But if someone is giving you the run around there is always someone else who will deal with you more fairly.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: 4.99%

Were you able to lock that in rate before the car arrives (which I believe is several months away as with mine)? If so, let me know how
Old 06-25-2006, 07:31 AM

Default No, it exires soon - but if the Fed pauses then it should be good. 100 basis points only

makes about $30 / month difference, so not that worried about it.

Quick Reply: Should I expect more from my dealer than this?