RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Stasis MS installed..... Full review and Photos

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 06:39 AM
JMG
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm on Aggressive Street for the opposite reason...I can soften the dampening while still...

maintaining the performance of the stiffer springs. The are linear rate springs so lean and dive are lessened while I let the dampening take care of the road imperfections and bounce.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either street or aggressive street, but you will get more performance (obviously) out of the aggressive street setup, with very little to no day to day harshness added.

My disclaimer is that I have never been in just a "street" setup so I really can't compare back to back. I think I may be one of the only RS4's in ohio that has actually modded anything, I've only ever seen 2 other RS4's at all.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great. Congrats.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default In all honesty, I don't think this suspension really *needs* modding.......

For most people out there, even RS4 owners, the stock suspension is already a good ride/handling balance. however, for some of us, myself included, who have to go back to 1993 for the last time I rode on a stock suspension, you just get use to maximum performance and find it hard to live with even a little less.

I have never tracked my RS4. I live in a relatively rural area and I am minutes away from phenomenal back country roads that I routinely have fun on. This is my "track". Still, like citanest, I do not wish to "lose a kidney" in the the process of tuning my suspension. Comfort is important and I don't wish for my car to develop all sorts of squeaks and rattles from a too aggressive suspension and the silly-thin rubber that is already on this car.

I have heard that going with a slightly softer spring while firming the dampers is a good way to get comfort with good handling, and while the MS is a lot of money, I can't see spending the $2400 on the SL and not having perfect (for my taste) results. It is the fine tunability of the MS suspension that appeals to me, and the price difference is worth getting a perfect result.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:20 AM

looks great - nice write-up.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:21 AM

Looks awesome!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What shops did you look at for the install....

Im coming form a highly modded M3 and always used Engineering Automotive for my installs. They are in Concord. Did your shop have a modern alignment machine and corner balancing equipment. Im getting my RS4 from the US, as in Canada they are so overpriced still. STaSIS kit is the first mod on my list.
Thanks.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I don't think this suspension really *needs* modding." It needs to not leak =(
Old 09-27-2008, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 3 choices, normal, agressive street and track... 95% of the people would choose the middle...

Otherwise, they would think why not go for SL...
Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

if you want comfort, street spring is probably the way to go... but then, why not go for SL...
Old 09-27-2008, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Stasis MS is the Ohlin LMJ, which is a race-proven suspension that has a long history...

I just have more faith in it than the SL kit, though they are probably constructed similarly.

do a search online and you will find a lot of info on Ohlin LMJ

Quick Reply: Stasis MS installed..... Full review and Photos