RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Stasis vs. GIAC Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stasis vs. GIAC Tune?

Thoughts?

Stasis will be very expensive, but factory warranty is maintained and the numbers are a little higher (18hp/13tq). GIAC just released their tune officially (check Audizine for details) and the numbers are slightly lower (peak hp/tq). I have yet to see the charts for the Stasis tune, but retaining warranty and slightly higher peak numbers may be worth it...
Old 09-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JibbyOne
Thoughts?

Stasis will be very expensive, but factory warranty is maintained and the numbers are a little higher (18hp/13tq). GIAC just released their tune officially (check Audizine for details) and the numbers are slightly lower (peak hp/tq). I have yet to see the charts for the Stasis tune, but retaining warranty and slightly higher peak numbers may be worth it...
Did not know Stasis was stepping in to the RS 4 game.

Any more info on their tune?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The following is part of the e-mail I received from Brent at Stasis,

"For our RS4 flash you will see an extra 18hp / 13tq.
I don't really have any literature to send you.
You would be covered for the duration of your Audi factory warranty."
Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The following is part of the e-mail I received from Brent at Stasis,

"For our RS4 flash you will see an extra 18hp / 13tq.
I don't really have any literature to send you.
You would be covered for the duration of your Audi factory warranty."
That statement sounds a little vague to me; similar to some other aftermarket companies that warranty their work, or the component they modified for the duration of the factory warranty. That doesn't mean that the factory warranty isn't voided, just that they claim to pick up what the factory stops covering.

Was anymore said about the warranty, or is that the extent of it.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Hyde
That statement sounds a little vague to me; similar to some other aftermarket companies that warranty their work, or the component they modified for the duration of the factory warranty. That doesn't mean that the factory warranty isn't voided, just that they claim to pick up what the factory stops covering.

Was anymore said about the warranty, or is that the extent of it.
That was all that was said in the e-mail. I did call my dealership (they are the ones that sell the Stasis products) and they confirmed that my factory warranty would not be voided. Sounds like I wouldn't have any issues with warranty as long as I continue to go with my current dealer.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That was all that was said in the e-mail. I did call my dealership (they are the ones that sell the Stasis products) and they confirmed that my factory warranty would not be voided. Sounds like I wouldn't have any issues with warranty as long as I continue to go with my current dealer.
More info on this tune please? I just scoured Stasis's website and found nothing about a RS tune. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Winterrunner
More info on this tune please? I just scoured Stasis's website and found nothing about a RS tune. Thanks in advance.
It's not on the website for some reason. I called Stasis and they confirmed that they had a tune and I posted all the info that they had about it. It's $1495 or something like that and Audi Dealerships that sell Stasis products should be able to install it.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It seems the tuning options available for the RS4 are currently APR, GIAC, Stasis, and JHM (not available yet). Most tune threads seemingly keep beating a dead horse, but it appears that most tunes for the B7 RS4 are relatively new. Anyone with a tune that can give some input will certainly help with the decision-making...
Old 09-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It seems the tuning options available for the RS4 are currently APR, GIAC, Stasis, and JHM (not available yet). Most tune threads seemingly keep beating a dead horse, but it appears that most tunes for the B7 RS4 are relatively new. Anyone with a tune that can give some input will certainly help with the decision-making...
EPL, as well -- and I hear theirs rocks.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by fitchbuck
EPL, as well -- and I hear theirs rocks.
And Singh tune....

Quick Reply: Stasis vs. GIAC Tune?