RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Streets of Tomorrow RS4 Test Drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Streets of Tomorrow RS4 Test Drive

Just returned from the Streets of Tomorrow. The waiting list was more than two pages long so with that many people in line, it took a good three hours until our turn came up. There were a lot of enthusiastic people at the event and it seemed to be very successful. It was definitely done right by Audi. Here in San Diego, it was hosted at the Four Seasons Resort. The service was great, the appetizers were excellent, and they had Macs and Ipods at one corner, the S8, R8, and Q7 in the showroom, a home theater area, presentation stage, and an area for back massages.

The RS4 that we drove was Imola on black. The fenders are accentuated in this color and it looked incredible in the bright San Diego sunlight. I would probably choose the dark grey so that I could enjoy the car without getting too many tickets. The 'S' button makes a big difference in the exhuast note and ride setting. I would definitely leave that on permanently. The course consisted of some stop and go city driving and a freeway on ramp and two mile stretch of straight away. Your can definitely feel the seriousness and purpose of the RS4 over the standard S4. With an S4 in the family already, I am used to the V8 power delivery but the RS4 just takes it two steps further. The upper RPM power is STRONG. There is no absence of torque anywhere and it feels even stronger and more responsive than the S4 at part throttle. Full throttle is completely different. The High RPM thrust to 8200 RPM is crazy. The car pulls and pulls harder as you near 8 grand. The engine sound is perfect and really compliments the performance and purpose of this car. I had a chance to get on the brakes and they did not dissapoint anywhere. The shift action felt very Audi-like but seemed to slide into the gears with more precision and almost psychic movement. It's almost like the shifter knew where it was going before I could put it in it's place. It was a long wait to get to the car, but there was enough food and entertainment to make the time fly. I think I will have to make the RS4 will my next car uafter this. It exceeded my expectations everywhere; well except for the deletion of the flat bottom steering wheel...
Old 04-29-2006, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said, good thing I got there at 8am and only had to wait 5 min. for the RS!
Old 04-30-2006, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default You guys are dumb. You probably just cost someone their job.

If you don't think audi isn't searching for reviews of their event you're retarded. Seriously.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default right, because audi will be able to figure out ...

which rep was riding along with quatrro, as they already know who quattro is. they know what people are going to do during these drives; you dont develop a car than goes 0-60 in 4.5 secs if you are never going to use that power. thats what a test drive is all about. stop being such a *****.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You've got to be kidding me ... when I was at the dealer the week before the

event, they were teching two of the rs4s. The german engineers were so excited they almost ran over a customer ripping out of the dealership. They were driving the rs4s on the streets just as irresponsibly. How the hell else are you supposed to drive the car?

They specifically allowed the rs4s to be driven on the streets during this event to "see what would happen." You really think they thought a bunch of audi enthusiasts were going to show up and drive them like grandpa?

Who's the retard?

In the future, before you call someone dumb and retarded in a post, I suggest you choose a topic that you're not clueless on.

That way you won't look like the retard newbie.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:13 PM

Default And i am sure you drive you B5 Like a grandma and i am really

sure you would have babied a 420hp stock car lol please.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

the sad part is, he might not have broken the limit in an rs4 given the chance. ohh the horror !!!
Old 04-30-2006, 02:50 PM

Not breaking the law is one thing but that was surely not his reasoning.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default BINGO!!! Um, why is it that you guys all feel the need to brag about everything...

I don't care if you drive fast. Granted 145 on the 5 freeway during the day is a little much, but at no point in what I said did I ever say "Don't drive Fast" "Drive nice" anything like that. Yes it is a performance vehicle and it is meant to be driven. Yes, I drive my car fast and if you search for past posts I've even talked about my own races. What I am saying and is apparently so hard to understand is... When you drive THIS car at over double the speed limit and brag about it, it is not just your butt on the line. That nice dude sitting next to you (who very politely kept his mouth shut while you had your fun at Audi's expense) is now jeopardized by your bragging about how fast you drove the car while under his watch. LIABILITY! Thats all the Audi people see when reading your posts about driving their car like that.

OH and Here is the kicker... PAY ATTENTION...the reason I didn't elaborate before. I WAS SITTING NEXT TO THE AUDI REPS WHEN THEY FOUND THIS POST AND WERE DISCUSSING THE IMPLICATIONS AND CONSEQUESES OF THEIR PERSONEL ALLOWING PEOPLE TO DRIVE "A BUCK 45!!!!" THANKS COOL GUYS. You think they cant figure out who the co-drivers involved were? Give me a break, I heard them narrowing down the possibilities. I just hope that these guys don't get reprimanded too bad, since the show and the reviews on the cars seemed to be going so well.

THE MORAL OF THE STORY: Brag all you want when its only your butt on the line, but return the favor to the dude for not speaking up when you passed 130 by KEEPING YOURS SHUT on a public forum!!!!

NOTE: To all the AUDI USA people reviewing this thread at your next meeting... I am not condoning the act of flagrant speeding and I understand what could happen if an accident occurred at 145mph while on your watch, I simply am pleading with my fellow audiworld members to use some commonsense about what they choose to post. The event I feel went really well. Thanks for throwing such a sweet party where AUDI enthusiasts can come out and have a great time, driving sweet rides on your dime.

Also, that RS4 is awesome. thanks for the opportunity to drive one before public release.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hopefully, it will be chalked up to a BS story...

which I say that it probably is. Barely under 100 the whole time, top speed of a buck-forty-five during the middle of the day. It would take at least a mile to get up to 145. So that means they were going over 100 for quite a while.

First, I doubt even to most stoic of German engineers is going to keep his trap shut during all of that. Second, getting nailed at 145 is not a traffic school violation - it is reckless driving, getting arrested, loss of your license, and impounding of the vehicle. Third it's Audi's car and I am sure that if you crashed the car, anyone who was even so much as scratched would line up to sue AoA, since this was their event. So 145 is possible, just not likely. Go ahead and call me old, but 145 belongs at the track, not a U.S. freeway.

I'll believe the stories of going to the gas station and being allowed to stretch the legs of the car a bit, but this one I'm calling bull**** on. Flame away.

Quick Reply: Streets of Tomorrow RS4 Test Drive