RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Sub install done...pics coming tomorrow...attn: CanuckRS4

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sub install done...pics coming tomorrow...attn: CanuckRS4

Sub install done. Exactly like yours. Sounds great! Pics coming later today.

Question: What do you have your low pass filter set at? 100hz, 80, etc.? Also, are you using the "bass" control on the nav unit to increase the bass, or the gain on the amp? If so, tell me where you're putting yours. I've only had about 5 minutes in the car since it was finished, so I need a baseline.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Hey Canuck, Noog

I was gonna do this install soon, but I took to the shop and they said I would have to relocate my sirius receiver. Did you guys have to do this and where did you put it? I use the surius, like it, so am not gonna just toss it out.

Noog you use same components as Canuck? I was looking to do JL Audio....
Old 11-06-2008, 02:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the Sirius module is no big deal. there is plenty of slack in the wiring to it.

On mine we just relocated it to above the rear driver's side wheel well. It took all of 3 minutes.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Please also include pics of the actual enclosure, back, side, front, if possible. TIA
Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Hey Canuck, Noog

Hey Mickf,
Used the exact same stuff as Canuck. The sirius module just screws/velcros on top of whatever type of box is built. There's tons of room for it.

I'll post pics later today.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Link to PICS

Hopefully the installer will email me his pictures. These are a few I took tonight.

Same hardware as Canuck. Hertz sub and Alpine monoblock. I know if a US Hertz dealer in California if anyone needs his URL. We painted the hertz grill though. I didn't care for the silver inlays. Black vinyl trim (he's actually making me a carbon fiber one next week) <ul><li><a href="http://www.cbslimited.com/rs4.php">Pics of new Sub.</a></li></ul>
Old 11-06-2008, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Some info...

If you check out my pics, you'll see that the sirius receiver is screwed on top of the sub box. No need to get rid of it IMO and I would NOT do this mod if i lost sirius, i'm addicted sadly

I started off thinking JL mainly because they had new sub with very shallow mounting depth to replace the stocker in the rear deck. Problem was that the TW5 JL sub is not an infinite baffle sub, and it is way too big for the OEM hole which is about 10" in diameter. My local installer had Hertz subs which are awesome build quality and I just loved the look as well. The alpine amp was a simple choice because it would fit neatly under the carpet in the trunk with a little trimming of the styrofoam. I'm not aware of many other amps that will deliver &gt;600W RMS and be that slim at the same time. Additionally my installer had nothing but good things to say about the alpine amps for what its worth.
Old 11-06-2008, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Pics of the box/install? Would love to see what they did. Also, pics of the amp placement too?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Answers:

My imput gain is set to 0.1-1.0V and the LPF is set to 100Hz. I'll check on the LPF though, i left it where my installer set it initially.

I have left the bass control at default setting for now, using the gain on the amp to increase bass. I'm not sure if it is better to use the RNS-E to control bass levels or the gain on the amp.

Did you remove the stock sub?
Old 11-06-2008, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Answers:

No, just left it there. Guess it's not going to hurt anything.

Quick Reply: Sub install done...pics coming tomorrow...attn: CanuckRS4