RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Well someone is going to get a great deal on a RS4...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well someone is going to get a great deal on a RS4...

I bought a new car tonight after driving everything it seems in the free- world.

I had a deal in place for a 997 tt with a auto tranny. I hated it once I started driving it around town, the seats suck, the tranny cannot find the right gear in real-world merging and then comes on like a thermo-nuclear explosion!

The Black Series I wanted but once I learned the depreciation of 52% over two years that was a laugher.

No to the S5 or S8 for various reasons. The C63 is next summer and the first M3's dont have SMG.

Let's look at my RS4, 3k on the clock in 9 months, clear bra, STASIS, stereo upgrade including NAVTV and amp & sub...and the best dealer price was 60k! I deserve the ******* of the year award when I figure out my cost per mile!

I don't have the time to properly sell this car nor want to deal with the hassle but you should have seen the BMW dealership stare at the RS4 for HOURS trying to figure out the wheel gap on my car...I sat there with a friend laughing! What was interesting was watching BMW customers migrate to the car and ask questions.

I will have some interesting mods left over for anyone who is interested ( the things I can get out, I wish the Ohlins were easy to remove)

This has been an interesting board, Bob you're one of the funniest posters of all time, thanks.

Best of luck.

-Jon
Old 11-06-2007, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default what did you get?

an M5?

It does have better seats...
Old 11-06-2007, 08:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default so I'm some clown here for your amusement?

WHAT THE **** MAKES ME SO ******* FUNNY?!?

ahh, gotcha!

sorry, just had a Joe Pesci moment.

anyway...

since you didn't tell us what you got, but left some clues....I'm going to guess you got that Alpina 7? or some other bimmer perhaps....?

stop by and check in once in a while, eh?
Old 11-06-2007, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

So you ended up trading it in??? why not just try to sell it on your own?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Want my Stasis setup! ? lol!

I know you were a strong proponent.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

That post made my brain hurt a little. Exactly what did you end up getting? a 997TT tiptronic?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the funny thing is...if this all happened 6 weeks from now...

...I'd probably try to talk you into letting me drive the car, because I'll be in San Juan Capo for the Xmas holiday (visiting the in-laws from 12/22-12/30). Just to see how much those Stasis guys are exaggerating, and all...;-)
Old 11-06-2007, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default LOL! Gonna miss you guys...you all slay me so.

No, the 997 was not worth it to me, period. The seats were horrible. The auto was not for me either. The dealer was awesome, the cra not so much.

You will love this Larry over everyone, I got a M5 for 24 months and moved my #3 slot for the new M3 to #1 when the SMG version follows 8 months later. I wanted the Alpina B7 but they were ALL sold, 3 in stock last week to none.

They gave me a great deal on the 2008 Alpine White M5 with EVERY option in the book. I mean EVERY option. It's comfortable enough for my commute when needed and fast enough for now. I know you had one and I know what I am getting. Like you I have no brand loyalty, I like all cars and don't get my panties in a bunch if Mercedes, Audi or BMW come up with something cool.

This was a freaking ordeal on many levels as I wanted something very cool but just could not get what I wanted, when I wanted for what I wanted to pay...story of my life. Of course I consider myself very lucky to have this "problem".

I just wish I had the time to sell my RS4, the car is FLAWLESS with all the right mods and 3k on the clock with the service agreement. No chips...not one. ( clear bra) and 16734 coats of wax ! The dealer will win on this one...sigh.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Good question because it woud be a terrific deal....

Considering the condition of my RS4, which according to Circle Porsche is btter than the 2008 they have on the their showroom floor and with 3k on the clock almost as new.

I just wish I could pull the Ohlins and stereo mods out...the short answer is time.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: what did you get?

LOL! Good job. Yes a 2008, the seats are unreal and at 40 that has become somewhat of an issue

Quick Reply: Well someone is going to get a great deal on a RS4...