RS4 (B7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B7 Audi RS4

Yet another

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another

...newbie. I'm off to pick up the new ride tomorrow...fingers crossed. Hi to all. Been a member lurker for years, but finally found the car I've always wanted. And have the ability to enjoy it finally. I'll post pictures when I pick her up. Looking forward to years of enjoyment. Cheers!

sandros
Old 02-18-2012, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jealous!
Old 02-18-2012, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Go!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sandros1
...newbie. I'm off to pick up the new ride tomorrow...fingers crossed. Hi to all. Been a member lurker for years, but finally found the car I've always wanted. And have the ability to enjoy it finally. I'll post pictures when I pick her up. Looking forward to years of enjoyment. Cheers!

sandros
details?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sakimano
details?
I've been looking for ever, and finally found one local to the Tri-State area. I'm originally from Vermont and living in CT for the year, but work will be taking me to Florida for the next handful of years, so I finally pulled the trigger.

I found a 2007 RS4 in Dolphin Grey, black leather, bone stock and low mileage (under 20K). You guys might know the car. There was another on Long Island, and a pair in Manhattan, but this was in the best condition of the 4. The drive home to Danbury was outstanding. Further research on the vehicle shows it still qualifies for the suspension replacement, so I plan on doing that soon. I may look into the Ohlins system at that time...Thoughts or information appreciated

Additionally, I'm going to look into a carbon clean, oil change and another once over by my local dealership here in Danbury. I bought it at a Porsche/Audi dealership but just to be safe I'm likely going to start afresh. Any suggestions on work given the low mileage? A close friend who is a member here and has driven an S4 and Allroad for years suggested treating it like new and doing a break-in period. Any thoughts with this?

I'll post a photo soon. Was so excited I forgot to take any...On-call this weekend so my driving will be a minimum...but soon enough I'll get to go have some fun.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats! Shouldn't need any break-in period! Let 'er rip! I drove to Danbury once from NJ for an interview at a small company called Belimo...not sure if you've heard of it...or no where it is...Enjoy the new ride! Is your color the same as Daytona gray? Or is that a diff color?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BADRS4
Congrats! Shouldn't need any break-in period! Let 'er rip! I drove to Danbury once from NJ for an interview at a small company called Belimo...not sure if you've heard of it...or no where it is...Enjoy the new ride! Is your color the same as Daytona gray? Or is that a diff color?
Haha...oops. I meant Daytona Grey. Feeling sheepish...

Haven't heard of the company, but I virtually live in the hospital....residency is not so conducive to getting out much. Excited to get out for a drive to northwestern CT. Grew up in Sharon, near lime rock and used to drive skippy; the roads up there are incredible. Should make for a good weekend drive.

Thanks for the advice. Glad to be out of the lurking shadows.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sweet!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"...suspension replacement..."?
Could someone give me some background on this?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Are you referring to the DRC Recall?

Quick Reply: Yet another