S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Aiming Bixenon/Xenon+ headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aiming Bixenon/Xenon+ headlights?

For those of you who have installed the Bixenon/Xenon+ headlights, how did you aim them? Did you have to get the auto leveling reprogrammed?
I was going to have my Audi dealer install my '05 bixenons but they haven't gotten back to me after two phone messages. I know a lot of you installed them yourselves but I'm worried about getting them aimed correctly.
Where there any other issues installing them?
Thanks!
Todd
Old 08-30-2004, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Take them in and say they're not level. Have them do it. That's what I did with my ecodes, didn't

mention that i had ecodes, they didn't notice/care.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Elder Member

Default They are easy to aim, it's having them "learnt" by the ECM that's an issue.

You can align them using the alignment tabs located on each housing. There are two white screw tabs for aligning on each housing. One is typically visible from under the hood, the other usually is found beneath a small circle. So you'll need a flashlight. Look for the philips head screws in the little plastic circles over the housings.

I'll try and take some pics later to help illustrate.

Anyway, each tab or screw does something. On one housing, there are two screws. One screw is for the up/down movement of that housing, the other screw is for the left-right as well as diagonal alignment. Same deal on the other headlight.

I'd use the tabs until you get the lights aligned the way you like them. The most important is to have them level with each other. Once that's done, then align the left to right.

You'll need a shop VAG to have the auto-leveling learn the new values, as well as set the readiness code.