S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

b6 s4 issues; brake light, traction control, airbag

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2018, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b6 s4 issues; brake light, traction control, airbag

Hello everybody! New to the forum. I drive a 2005 Audi s4 in dolphin grey and a 6 speed trans. Love the car! I've had it for almost 3 years now. Live in the PNW right across the Bridge from Portland!

So I have some issues that I haven't been able to target a solution or even figure out where to start diagnosing it. Even after doing research on this forum and other websites.
With doing that research I have found that b6 and b7 owners have random problems that don't relate to anybody else's problems. So hopefully my issues aren't like that and I can get some help from you guys.

First issue;
Brake light blinking on dash
So when you pull the ebrake the "brake" light comes on, on the dash. If you start moving it will blink at you until you come to a stop. Well in my college town there was a bump on the road that you couldn't avoid, every time I went over it my brake light when blink for about 5-10 seconds then shut off. It slowly progressed to a point where it would stay blinking until the next time I shut the car off and turned it back on again. Now it is to the point where it literally won't stop blinking.

Second issue;
Traction control light on dash and issue
So one winter is got really snowing and I wanted to go mess around. I turned off the traction control and shredded in the snow for a couple of hours. Next day I am driving normal and 5 minutes into my drive the traction control light start blinking on the dash and when it blinked it would cut the throttle. Did that about 2 times then the car just shut the traction control off completely and the light stayed glowing on my dash. That has happened everyday since that I had that one fun day in the snow.

Last issue;
Airbag light on dash
This light came on when I took out the oem steering wheel for my grip royal steering wheel and nrg quick release (pretty obvious) Now I am stumped because since then I have put the oem steering wheel back in (making sure to plug in the airbag) and have also taken it to the Audi dealership and seeing if they can reset/clear the airbag light. They said for some reason they couldn't (not sure why) But now I don't know where to go from here.

Thank you for reading this and thank you in advance for any help I get on any of these issues. Just wanting this car to be all dialed in again so I can daily it with no worries.!

Thanks!
-Keith