S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

I predict the downfall of audiworld in the next year or so...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I predict the downfall of audiworld in the next year or so...

My reasons being w/ the upcoming split in the A4/S4 line there are going to be alot of unhappy people having just spent alot of money on a fast new car being relegated to the back burner, much like what happened w/ the B5 group. The elitism will really start to surface as the new B7 S4 guys show up over the next little while. There are already alot of snobby *******s on here ( you know who you are) and in all fairness, alot of cool, fun, informative people, too (you know who you are). And when the RS4 finally arrives, then forget it! They are gonna come on here like king **** and a lowly B6 S4 will have no say. Watch! The new RS4 is another story. I am actually disappointed. I mean, it's great. It's beautiful. It probably can move like a panther. But it doesn't seem to be the BMW slayer the old RS4 was. You couldn't touch that thing! The new M3, which the S4 should be direct competition, will probably be faster. And the new RS4 has what, 317 lb/ft? That's like a ferrari engine, but not in a good way. Where are you gonna get a chance to let that thing breathe? Only like on the track. 425hp and 317 lb/ft and an 8250rpm redline is an engine that needs running space. I'm an American. I want some god damn torque. I dont want to have to rev it to 6000rpm every shift to make it move like God intended. That's why I didn't get the M3, no bottom end. I hope I don't end up in a C55 AMG. Anyway, this will probably **** alot of people off but I don't really care. The *******s will always have their say and the cool people are cool because they chill out and give their opinions in an informed and laid back style.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Elder Member

Default I see what your saying. But I still think AW has a chance...

and certainly this board. We know what we have. And we know what we like.

Of course there is going to be the haters and the lovers. Of course, the haters are going to get all of the attention. I'm sure we'll have our fair share of B6 guys saying that we can take the RS4 with a few mods. But, IMO, it's nothing that the B5 guys haven't already tried to do, overshadowing the board with their 450-500HP stage III super-duper tuned k6000 turbo-tuned monsters. Sure, they have more potential than the 4.2. And sure, the RS4 is going to have more power out of the box. It's going to be lighter, and faster.

But then again, I love my car. I'll probably hardly ever see an RS4 around anyway. ;-)
Old 02-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Elder Member

OH...and imagine what the A4 3.0 guys must be feeling... ;-P
Old 02-22-2005, 03:44 PM

Default By the way dude...

You're definitely one of the cool ones. You know what you're talking about, you're never pompous or arrogant, you don't claim to know everything and you help out when you can. And you have a sesnse of humour. Stick around, bro. We need more like you.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default How about cool and uninformative people? The RS4 will be so limited in numbers

like the Rs6 that there wont be enough people to flame us. The new B7 is a B6 with a bigger mouth. I happen to really like the B6 and B7.
The B5 S4 wasnt **** without modifications.

Audi needs to put turbo and tunability back in to its cars.. The A4 3.0 is worthless. The A4 1.8t can haul *** with some work.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default You're entitled to your opinion, but those who have a B6 S4 or

those that buy one used will keep this particular forum going. Btw, most of us will eventually (some sooner than others) buy or lease another car. Eventually many of us will change to another forum or leave Audiworld altogether. But I think what you are really getting at is that this B6 S4 forum has been at or near the top of the Audi performance food chain. With the release of the B7s, we could be considered a notch down.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Cool people always leave the model forums and end up on OT anyway.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:50 PM

Kind of, yeah. But also the choices Audi is making in policy and design.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default anyone who says thier B6 modded can take an Rs4 needs to realize that itsnotfordsaleyet.

What about this.. The B6 with a supercharger might put down better numbers than the rs4. And might be cheaper. Either way the rs4 looks badass.
Old 02-22-2005, 03:52 PM

lol. Yeah, Audi was the turbo ****! They should sprinkle them more liberally throughout the line.

Quick Reply: I predict the downfall of audiworld in the next year or so...