S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Last week is almost over...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last week is almost over...

Most insane week last week...had to get my extended warranty, b-school was starting (orientation, equivalency exams, etc etc etc), car has a flashing CEL and 2 cylinders are misfiring, I had to move, I got sick, oh, and there was work to do every day. So I had just parked the car all week, too busy to bother with it in all honesty..

Haha!

So I flatbedded my car into Audi today, the f0cking tow-truck driver scratched up the bumper where you have to pry off the piece covering the tow bracket connection, but ya ya..my bumper was already screwed from all the rock chips...

Anyway, got up at 5:45, called AAA at 6, they send out the wrong truck (not flatbed), then I call back and they tell me that since it's rush-hour and I'm safe at home, you don't have priority. I'm too tired at this point so I say F it and nap on the couch. They get there at 8:30, fortunately my car didn't fall off the truck on the way over to the dealer.

The dealer's always great. Vince at Oakland Audi took care of me, got me in a loaner (kia rio, would have been nicer if there were other cars available), and they took the car off my hands.

Thank you to Eric and Chantell for your advice last week about what the problems could be...I'm leaning towards C's (sb-girl's) coilpack diagnosis, since cylinders 1&6 are misfiring...so I highly doubt it'd be a cat.

Oh, and thank you to both Tony and Danny at Fast Intentions telling me yesterday on the phone that they would take care of me if I had any LaBree issues and that I could have gone to them back when I blew the cats...why? They fabricated my system, I interacted with them when I did the Avalon Group Buy, and they were just the guys to talk to. I doubt I have cat issues at this point, but wow what CS even though I still haven't bought anything from FI.

By the way, Danny Yagoubian's (Soup -er- charge Me) FI catback alone (no dp's) sounds CLEAN! Apparently danny's doing some rework of his own design for LaBree.

LA folks...let's do a mini g2g at FI the next time I'm down..would love to checkout their shop.

Ok, going to hope for the best (coilpack issues, nothing else..hehe) so I can have my car back ASAP and enjoy my beautiful wheels!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default What do you mean when you say "CLEAN"?

If it's what I think, I may be switching exhausts again.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:50 AM

beer this time?
Old 04-03-2006, 10:54 AM

I love my FI catbacks too...I wonder if they have changed design since opening.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Just perfect burble...

I don't think mine sounded as clean even when brand new...then again, there IS more noise with dp's overall...

But it was hot, for just a catback.

But hey, it'll stll be too loud for you, unless you only go catback.

Danny's working on different mufflers to quiet the whole setup way down for those who wanted a true "Resonated" version for their b7's and b6's (priority on the b7s)_
Old 04-03-2006, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

good luck on the car sia.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Expert

For sure.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Thanks
Old 04-03-2006, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cool. I got an email from Daryl at Tantrum...

letting me know that Danny was working with Sebring on a new muffler that will be more mild. It should be perfect for my needs. This time I'll just do the CB and keep my Milltek DPs.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Yup, great! You'll love it. Dude, we seriously gotta chat soon.

Quick Reply: Last week is almost over...