S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Long shot but has anyone had any experience with Anchor Audi of Lynbrook NY?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 07:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long shot but has anyone had any experience with Anchor Audi of Lynbrook NY?

J/W I've been bringing my car to Biener Audi in Great Neck since that is where I purchased it. I'm really not that pleased with their service department and would like to know if Anchor has a reputable service dept and if anyone on here has any experience with them...

TIA

Joe
Old 01-08-2007, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default yes..search and you will see mixed reviews

I was not particularly pleased. They were average for an Audi dealership so sub par in general. The service was ok but they did a terrible job of putting the car back together. The failed to install the alternator correctly the first time and bu the second instal the gap between the headlights and the fender were large enough to fit a pinky in. I had to take the front clip and lights off to make them fit properly. Shure I could have brought it back to them but if you want it donw right do it yourself. That being said "eddiedellz" is a tech there and posts on the the NYNJCT forum. I hear he does ncie work but he wasn't available when I brough my car in. I also have heard negative things about the service manager though he seemed like your typical service manager.

I have also used Huntington and theve gotten two strikes and one good experience. After they broke my wheel locks and had the nerve not only to not replace them but try and charge me hourly for the time it took to remove then I wont go back.

I jstu went to Storms in South Hampton...it is a haul but they are so nice, they care, and I jsut feel like the job was done right (the fact that Sal@eliteaudi dod the work was a big factor in my confidence). It was the first service department that treated me like a customer and not another aggrivation.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I STFA and read a couple of posts about Storms...Too bad it's all the way in S. Hampton...

That is a long haul for me. From the comments though they seem to have a good service dept. My car was towed to Biener Thursday night, they havent touched or looked at the car yet. I'm pissed and tired of having to bring the car back for the same problem repeatedly. I have not yet brought my car there for a problem and had it fixed right the first time, it is always a back and forth process.

I might try Anchor if another forum member can give me a testament of good service.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made it from Queens to Storms in under 2 hours last week