S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

My F'n luck. I lost a center-cap yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My F'n luck. I lost a center-cap yesterday.

I left the office yesterday after the big boss let us out early for Good Friday (so nice of him...), and I had 4 center caps. When I got back to the apartment, I had three. Somewhere in between home and work, I lost the front-left center-cap.
Of course, being the nut that I am, I got right back in the car and back-tracked all the way back to the office. Checking the curbs, the grass, anything looking for a center-cap. I DID find a nissan center-cap, but that obviously won't do. :-)
Called Achtuning and they said they would send me one asap, but they are waiting for a shipment of caps to arrive. Those bad boys are expensive...dealer wants 40+ bucks. Maybe I'll do another (most likely, fruitless..) search again today. But, I did wash her and wax her anyways. The real bummer is that the SE BMW guys are getting together, and they have put in a special request for the wagon. They love to follow the wagon up the mountain twisties, if they can keep up. ;-)
Looks like I might have to "borrow" one from a really nice Ultrasport friend??? (hint!) :-p
Old 04-10-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: My F'n luck. I lost a center-cap yesterday.

I have an 04 ultra with the same wheels as you got and my frnt left center cap fell off also. I think it's ****ty. My dealer replaced mine under warranty because it happened 1 week after I bought the car. I'm going to get with achtuning and order a couple of backups. It's so ugly witout the center cap.

BTW, I also backtracked trying to find the lost cap, so you are not the only wacko!!
Old 04-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Elder Member

Default Hehehe...thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. ;-)

You got audi to cover the warranty of the center caps on aftermarket rims? You are da man! :-D

I hope the guys at Achtuning can help me out..I'm hitting up a car show next week and I'd like to make sure the Avant looks "complete."
Old 04-11-2004, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Hehehe...thanks, that makes me feel a bit better. ;-)

They aren't aftermarket. They came with the Ultrasport package. But it should make you feel better that the OEM RS4 center caps will fall off just as easy as your Replicas.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Elder Member

:-) It does help a little bit.