S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

OT: Just heard bad news on CNN...Gas may hit $5...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rising gas prices are not "their fault". Buying a thirsty V8 sports sedan is......

I have to admit though....you stage 3 guys prolly get worse gas mileage..and dont complain.

hmmmmm......maybe it is due to the fact that you sink 15 grand + into stock cars to make them faster and handle better. You obviously dont have the same issues as others that enjoy driving very fast "stock cars with a warranty". They pay their money, and accept the performance...and dont like it when the car starts costing more to operate due to ****ed up oil companies bumping up prices when they really dont need to.

Anyways....this is a dead topic....Pleasanton S4 - OUT.

Peace out.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Stop while you are behind, eurotrash. = ) I am just playin.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You guys are missing my point. The rising oil costs aren't your fault...

but your overall gas expenditure IS your fault. If any of us really cared about gas expenditure, we wouldn't be driving S4's. You chose to drive a gas guzzler. So do I. At full throttle, a Stage III B5 certainly uses more gas than a B6. However, I also realize gas prices are not steady. They never have been. No one is happy that gas prices change, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying you have to expect some flucuation and not cry the end of the world when you have to pay marginally more for gas. The "OMG, I have to sell the S4" threads are what really crack me up.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Totally agree.

Like I said before...it really does not bother or effect me financially.

I think that it is more shock factor than anything. Yes, gas prices flucuate...we all know this. It has not, however, gone up this much this fast since the 80's.

You are right, though....anyone that says they are thinking of getting rid of their S4 due to rising gas prices is an idiot. Like you said....we should have been prepared for this when we paid the $1700 in gas guzzler tax.

And for what it is worth...yes you did blame us:

"I think people look pretty stupid when they start to cry about gas prices and gas consumption."

"Perhaps they don't realize it's totally their own fault."

That was a very vague statement.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I'm sorry, my english must be a little rough, where do I say it's ok??

You had made a comment about it being "totally" our fault, I responded to that comment.