S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Paging Dodge2Dub

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Dodge2Dub

I noticed you had blinders and a hardwired V1...is that remote as well? is the V1 installed behind your front bumper?

I'm thinking the first thing I need to buy is radar and laser protection. There is a newer blinder that adds laser protection to the rear of the vehicle. In your experience, would this be helpful, or a skip?

btw, do you live in so cal?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

tread with caution...laser blinders are illegal in CA!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default what will happen?

I get a ticket, and they confiscate the equipment? Impound the car?
Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 AM

Default just a ticket according to previous posts...

plus, i am just not sure that most cops would even realize that you are jamming their radar. I have been thinking about doing this as well and I'm in CA.

My understanding is that jamming only results in the laser not getting a read on you, not some sort of other message. With this is mind, I suspect the cop would just think "didn't get him" unless you were the only one on the road....
Old 11-28-2007, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default here

Jamming: Electronic Speed-Measuring Devices
28150. (a) No vehicle shall be equipped with any device that is designed for, or is capable of, jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

(b) No person shall use, buy, possess, manufacture, sell, or otherwise distribute any device that is designed for jamming, scrambling, neutralizing, disabling, or otherwise interfering with radar, laser, or any other electronic device used by a law enforcement agency to measure the speed of moving objects.

(c) Except as provided in subdivision (d), a violation of subdivision (a) or (b) is an infraction.

(d) When a person possesses four or more devices in violation of subdivision (b), the person is guilty of a misdemeanor.

(e) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person who has a valid federal license for operating the devices described in this section may transport one or more of those devices if the license is carried in the vehicle transporting the device at all times when the device is being transported.

Added Sec. 1, Ch. 493, Stats. 1998. Effective January 1, 1999.<ul><li><a href="http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc28150.htm">http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc28150.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 11-28-2007, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I think it is an Infraction...a hundred bucks or so, but not positive

Infractions and Special Misdemeanors
42001. (a) Except as provided in ( )1 this code, a person convicted of an infraction for a violation of this code or of ( )2 a local ordinance adopted pursuant to this code shall be punished as follows:
(1) By a fine not exceeding one hundred dollars ($100).

(1) By a fine not exceeding one hundred dollars ($100).

(2) For a second infraction occurring within one year of a prior infraction which resulted in a conviction, a fine not exceeding two hundred dollars ($200).

(3) For a third or subsequent infraction occurring within one year of two or more prior infractions ( )3 that resulted in convictions, a fine not exceeding two hundred fifty dollars ($250).

(b) ( )4 A pedestrian convicted of an infraction for a violation of this code or any local ordinance adopted pursuant to this code shall be punished by a fine not exceeding fifty dollars ($50).

(c) A person convicted of a violation of subdivision (a) or (b) of Section 27150.3 shall be punished by a fine of two hundred fifty dollars ($250), and a person convicted of a violation of subdivision (c) of Section 27150.3 shall be punished by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000).

(d) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a local public entity that employs peace officers, as designated under Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 830) of Title 3 of Part 2 of the Penal Code, the California State University, and the University of California may, by ordinance or resolution, establish a schedule of fines applicable to infractions committed by bicyclists within its jurisdiction. ( )5 A fine, including all penalty assessments and court costs, established pursuant to this subdivision shall not exceed the maximum fine, including penalty assessment and court costs, otherwise authorized by this code for that violation. If a bicycle fine schedule is adopted, it shall be used by the courts having jurisdiction over the area within which the ordinance or resolution is applicable instead of the fines, including penalty assessments and court costs, otherwise applicable under this code.<ul><li><a href="http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d18/vc42001.htm">http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d18/vc42001.htm</a</li></ul>
Old 11-28-2007, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Group buy? :-) I'm in
Old 11-28-2007, 08:44 PM

Default The blinders are installed...

...with a hidden switch (recommend if you run them in Cali, but be careful if you do). You actually might want to keep them turned off in Cali and only use them on long drives once you've left the state. I wouldn't recommend the protection for the rear of the vehicle if you are using it in Cali and it is even remotely visible. Also, make sure that you understand how to properly use them in order to avoid issues with the law.

My V1 is mounted on the windshield and is wired into the MMI system for display and mute. The V1 is only available as a windshield/dash mounted radar detector.

Personally, I think that the V1 is great and is a must have. It gives you a lot of protection if used wisely. Most of the police don't use laser in SoCal, so the blinders are a personal decision as you may go a year or longer without being tagged.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default V1 saved me three times over the T-giving weekend.

Once on a long, winding road with visibility for miles (I picked up his Ka band about 2 miles before I even saw him). Once coming around a bend on highway 20, and once while I was hustling through a windy country road (picked up sherrif on Ka as well).
Old 11-29-2007, 12:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I hear the V1 gives a lot of false alarms...

and isn't it old? From the 80s?

Quick Reply: Paging Dodge2Dub