S4 (B6 & B7 Platforms) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi S4 produced from 2003-2005 And B7 Audi S4 produced from 2005 -2008

Well I just got finished installing my Milltek Cat-back exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well I just got finished installing my Milltek Cat-back exhaust...

I haven't driven it out on the street but I can say that its a little deeper sounding in the cabin but not obtrusive. I really like the sound of it and I'm sure when I put on the Milltek DP's soon it will open it up a little more.

One more thing I must mention is I actually thought that Milltek's exhaust system would be a little bit more nice looking. Don't get me wrong I think it looks OK. But I've just come from a ASP exhaust system and I think ASP's welding and craftsmanship is way above Milltek's.

The fit a finish on the Milltek is a little lacking compared to the ASP. The ASP exhaust system was much easier to put on than this one, along with the clamps they use are much more rugged and beefier.

Alot of you are going to say, well why didn't you go with the ASP on then. Well, I considered it but the only audio clip I heard was one their website and it made the exhaust sound horrible IMO. I've heard the Milltek and thought it sounded really good. So there you have it.

Oh, and I also installed my RNS-E today! Quite a busy day. And tomorrow morning I'm installing my Bilstein PSS9's!

Just think I've only had the car for 4 days now and I've put 200 miles on it and the car had 300 when I bought it.

One more thing, after installing the RNS-E I've noticed that the system sounds MUCH, MUCH better. I'm very happy with it. I didn't realize that the RNS-E would be that much different. When I got my car I was really disappointed with the Symphony II. I thought it sounded muddy and almost card board box like. The the treble were missing. But not with the RNS-E, its amazing sounding.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed PSS9s and eCodes today...Pics later today

So the install was completed today at Dynospot Racing. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet. I'll post some pics this weekend. Just noticed that it is a tad bit lower on one side, when I picked up I had to get back into office asap. Tomorrow, I'll test it out on my way to ....

The ecodes look great on Arctic White. Next week, I get Labree cats installed. I came across a great opportunity couldn't pass up on.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

TPIWWP!
Old 03-18-2006, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

you still have your b5? thats a nice ride... both of them
Old 03-18-2006, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Very true re: Milltek quality. Two different custom exhaust shops agreed also...

And everyone who installs the RNS-E says the same thing about the sound. It's great and can be made to sound even better!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Funny, my local exhaust guru, who had recently done a full Labree

on a B6 S4 just prior to my full Milltek, felt the Milltek was 'clearly better in design and execution vs the other...' Whatever that meant...I didnt push him to eplain.

Not to trash either exhaust, 'cause I think they're both really good, much better than stock, but just showing there are ALWAYS differences in opinion.

Of course, you were comparing to ASP, so not really an apples-to-apples comparson. Maybeif I had an ASP, he would have crowned it' king of exhausts,' but I'll never know.